BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Yet Another Mayday Complaint... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris P
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Placed my first order before bothering to read any reviews online but everything was perfect. I decided to give Mayday the benefit of the doubt a second time and therein was my mistake.

Placed an order on 11/13, the post office was 'notified' of an impending shipment on 11/15 (even though my order was listed complete on 11/13) and nothing since. Not a single updated status, despite my order still being listed as complete and no response to my emails. It may seem as though I'm being a tad impatient, but I placed and received my first order in a four-day period. Now, I can't even get proof they shipped the darn thing.

So, finally fed up with being ignored by Mayday I filed a dispute with Paypal. I don't think I'll be doing business with them again in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Bootherstone
United Kingdom
Burton on Trent
Staffs
flag msg tools
designer
Giving fast and friendly service in shop and by post for over 25 years
mbmbmbmbmb
I had some size problems with my last batch of sleeves from Mayday; it took a couple of attempts to get a response but I have now been promised that the quality issues have been resolved and replacements are being sent. I'll let you all know when they get here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TonyKR
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
They seem to print out the shipping labels (which triggers the ship notification) in advance, then they sit on them for one or four weeks before actually putting your order in an envelope and sending it off. But don't expect Seth to take any responsibility for this. I'm sure he'll say they have someone new in the warehouse who is still learning the ropes. Because, you know, "the ropes" for stuffing and shipping friggin card sleeves are infinitely complex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We now have a shipping update posted on our site and will work to get a "CS Email update" kept current on the main page as well. Please note we updated this on Saturday to reflect:

Shipping Update: Orders placed through the 27th have been shipped & we estimate to be caught all the way up by Monday December 3

We have been in contact with the OP and hope he will have what he needs early this week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Fisher
United States
Middletown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am trying to get an answer about a shipping problem. Can you help? I do not want to post negative reviews but there has been no response. I ordered and the package had 2 problems. The first was I had to pay $8. 75 postage due to get it from the post office. 2nd the game was jammed in a flat envelope and the game is not suitable to give as a gift now. Please help me.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Keates
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the same boat as you guys.

I received a shipping notification for my Mayday replacement sleeves on November 16th, and the USPS tracking number they provided me still shows no shipment activity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Cardoso
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same problem with me: tracking number without no shipment activity. And its worse: Mayday said to me this happened with some international orders, but I see here that domestic orders have the same "problem"...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.