Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Drach
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you know of any Canadian Auctions or other opportunities for a new gaming family to pick up some games for lower cost (used)? We're just starting off and have a few games but would like to get some more - the cost is a bit prohibitive though. We have a large family so it's hard to put down a lot of money on games but we're hooked on boardgames - or trying to anyway. I see this as important for our kids to get into boardgames as a family.

I did get a few games at the Thrift shop but nothing of note. I see a few auctions on BGG but a lot of them are U.S. only and for those that aren't they warn of the high shipping costs. So I was just wondering if there is something more reasonable out there for us Canadians? I'm just learning my way around the site so may just not have stumbled across them yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Boone
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Reading your recent posts has been like dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi John,

I recommend subscribing to the Geeklist for Canadian auctions. You will get a notification at the top of the page, similar to Geekmail, when there is an update or new addition.

Cheers,
Darryl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Lovett
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi John
If you want to play any games let me know and maybe we could meet at either All A-Board Games or High Octane Comics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Rainer
Canada
Nanaimo
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This Auction is still active as of Nov 26th... runs till Dec 1

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/149855/tough-year-was-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drach
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is great!! Thanks so much for pointing me to this list and I have now subscribed to it

booned wrote:
Hi John,

I recommend subscribing to the Geeklist for Canadian auctions. You will get a notification at the top of the page, similar to Geekmail, when there is an update or new addition.

Cheers,
Darryl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drach
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Clive. I think I might like that - it's crazy busy right now but maybe in the new year I can join you for a game.

I'm real green though. My oldest son taught me a couple of games he owns - Settlers of Catan and Bohnanza. At home we have Forbidden Island and Sabotage....that's about the extent of my Jedi training so far.

Clive65 wrote:
Hi John
If you want to play any games let me know and maybe we could meet at either All A-Board Games or High Octane Comics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drach
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another great link...thanks so much. Maybe I'll get lucky on something here

krainer wrote:
This Auction is still active as of Nov 26th... runs till Dec 1

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/149855/tough-year-was-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Lovett
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cptcanuck wrote:
Thanks Clive. I think I might like that - it's crazy busy right now but maybe in the new year I can join you for a game.

I'm real green though. My oldest son taught me a couple of games he owns - Settlers of Catan and Bohnanza. At home we have Forbidden Island and Sabotage....that's about the extent of my Jedi training so far.

Clive65 wrote:
Hi John

Then Padawan you need to be taught some more games!!! I am trying to game every day in December so if you have some time in the evenings then let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.