Subject: 27 turns? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I am interpreting incorrectly, but after going through the rulebook, it looks like this game goes for 27 turns (if you dismiss the double rotation from the start space) and not 26 since you start the gear on the same tooth that will end the game, which effectively means you will play that tooth twice. Is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. The actual turn sequence (assuming no time acceleration from start player space) is:

8 Full Turns
Orange (Resource) feeding phase
6 Full Turns
Blue (Points) feeding phase
7 Full Turns
Orange (Resource) feeding phase
6 Full Turns
Blue (Points) feeding phase

Of course, I may also have this same rule wrong. But it's how I have been teaching and playing the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how I see it too. I just remember seeing early previews and stuff about 26 turns, 1 for each tooth on the main gear, and then while reading through the rules, it didn't seem that 26 was the case. I don't care either way, just want to make sure I get it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Erm... That might have been me saying 26 turns. Apologies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kwang Il Kim
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At most 27 rounds. Not always.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.