Canada
Verdun Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Looking for a Publisher for a Grand Strategic all fronts WW2 card game
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the French version and I can't seem to find an answer to my question du to the fact that I do not know the English translation of that scenario? So here it is...

1- When a new tile is drawn, do the Demon may place troglodytes immediatly during the Human turn? and paying for them...
2- This is of course in addition to all the basic rules permitting to place more troglodytes during the Demon's turn.
3- This rule states that there are no troglodytes placed in the final room where the Demon appears, but may they move in normally up to 4 of them?
4- Timing: When cards are played at the exact time from both players, do we apply the result from the active player before applying the effects from the non-active player?

This is a very good game, quick and tense. Underrated in my opinion...

Owll

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
owll wrote:
1- When a new tile is drawn, do the Demon may place troglodytes immediatly during the Human turn? and paying for them...

That's correct.

owll wrote:
2- This is of course in addition to all the basic rules permitting to place more troglodytes during the Demon's turn.

Also correct.

owll wrote:
3- This rule states that there are no troglodytes placed in the final room where the Demon appears, but may they move in normally up to 4 of them?

Incorrect - trogs cannot enter the Pentacle Room.

owll wrote:
4- Timing: When cards are played at the exact time from both players, do we apply the result from the active player before applying the effects from the non-active player?

I don't think I've ever seen an exact tie, although sometimes it's pretty close. The designer participated in a discussion about timing issues in this thread: "Lucky Amulet" vs "Panic!".

Another thread you might look at, discussing the earlier questions, is this one: Spawning demon warriors in Hit Them Where It Hurts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Philippe Goyer
Canada
Verdun Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Looking for a Publisher for a Grand Strategic all fronts WW2 card game
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Sphere for the prompt response.

This is the way we have played it but we wanted to be sure. This game is so well balanced.

As for the timing question, it happened during the Initiative phase of the human after rolling its dice. The card played by the human is the one that let you change a rolled result of one die.
The demon also has the "Panic" card that is triggered during the same time.

We played as the active player being the first to use its card.In this case, the human changed its die and the demon placed the dice.

Owll

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.