M Loebach
Canada
Crysler
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
googoogoo

Next gaming session is on Wednesday November 28th.
There are usually 25-50 different board games available to play.
However, most people have sizable libraries and are easily swayed by the power of suggestion.

So ...

If there is anything you want to see, just post it below.
EVERYONE IS WELCOME.

If it your first time straying beyond Hasbro and Parker Brothers board games there are some great teachers here to help make it easy.

Please Remember $2.50 goes to the Legion.
Please remember no hats in the Legion out of respect for the fallen.

We start around 6:30.
We usually go until 9:30 or 10:00pm.

Canadian Legion Branch 480 - Westboro, 389 Richmond Road, upstairs.

Google maps:
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=r...

Please bring $2.50 for the Legion.
Please remember on Wednesday nights the Legion serves food downstairs.

--------------------------------

MEMBERSHIP IS OPTIONAL - BUT CAN HAVE IT'S PRIVILEGES!

Membership provides discounts at local retailers through a membership card system.

There are two options:
1. $5.00 to Steve Larkin in Kanata. This entitles you to the cards

OR

2. Prepay 3 weeks for the Legion (3 X $2.50 = $7.50).
This entitles you to the cards and provides three weeks of dues to the Legion.

Recommendations are as follows:
If you are going to play at the Legion at least twice, I would do the prepay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MIke H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The official OGG thread clocks in as the number 3 OGG-related post this week! There's too much enthusiasm Mark. You'll have to start posting a full 2 weeks in advance so we can drool with anticipation about all the fun games we're going to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps those "goo" eyes are scaring people off?

googoogoo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Shabatowski
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be there around 6:30. I am open to anything although I luuuuv Alhambra. Does my Big Box edition need to show up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Jeff and I will be coming this week and bringing mainly gateway games because we have two non-gamer friends coming. I am thinking Bohnanza and RoboRally because they can both support 6-7. Maybe Dungeon Fighter and King of Tokyo (with the new expansion) cause everyone seems to have fun with those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Loebach
Canada
Crysler
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lajaro wrote:
Perhaps those "goo" eyes are scaring people off?

googoogoo

googoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoogoo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Loebach
Canada
Crysler
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopper1 wrote:
The official OGG thread clocks in as the number 3 OGG-related post this week! There's too much enthusiasm Mark. You'll have to start posting a full 2 weeks in advance so we can drool with anticipation about all the fun games we're going to play.

zombiezombiezombie

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm gaming brains....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
ExtraPeaty wrote:
Jeff and I will be coming this week and bringing mainly gateway games because we have two non-gamer friends coming. I am thinking Bohnanza and RoboRally because they can both support 6-7. Maybe Dungeon Fighter and King of Tokyo (with the new expansion) cause everyone seems to have fun with those.

Is the expansion for King of Tokyo really out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Halden
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike1977 wrote:
ExtraPeaty wrote:

Let me know if it adds anything. I didn't buy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Paradis
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Halden wrote:
Mike1977 wrote:
ExtraPeaty wrote:

Dude, giant panda...How can you *not* buy it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Halden
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chuckyparadise wrote:
Halden wrote:
Mike1977 wrote:
ExtraPeaty wrote:

Dude, giant panda...How can you *not* buy it?

I thought it was just evolution cards not new characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is out. We played it at Ludo-Outaouais on Saturday, and it was available for sale there, too.

There is a new character, "Pandakai", but the game is still capped at 6 players max. Each character gets their own 8-card "evolution" deck. Whenever you roll 3 or more hearts, you may draw an evolution card into your hand in addition to using the hearts for other things (like healing). You may play them from your hand at any time (e.g. can save them for when they're most valuable). Some are permanent (like "keep" cards) while others are temporary (like "discard" cards).

In our first game with the expansion, I got 2 evolutions and several others had at least one. Chris Hall ended up winning as "The King" using one. He evolved to have the ability to gain one fame after each player's turn as long as he stayed in Tokyo... but would lose all his fame if he left Tokyo. The player after him gained "Intimidating Roar" and would surely knock The King out of Tokyo on his next turn, but The King scored enough fame on his turn to win the game!

Unfortunately, our "Pandakai" player board is misprinted (life tracking dial is blank), but Iello is sending a replacement. Meanwhile, we can use one of the unused boards in its place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
iNano78 wrote:

Unfortunately, our "Pandakai" player board is misprinted (life tracking dial is blank), but Iello is sending a replacement. Meanwhile, we can use one of the unused boards in its place.

I guess you could always use a marker to write the numbers on the life tracking dial.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike1977 wrote:
iNano78 wrote:

I guess you could always use a marker to write the numbers on the life tracking dial.

Good point. I'll see if I can easily remove the dial, as I'd expect writing through that tiny window wouldn't be as easy as it sounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Gaamessz... need more Gaammesz...
mbmbmbmbmb
maybe the disc was just inserted backwards?take it apart carefully and find out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
That that stuff really come appart? I was just going to write through the window... lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deefer wrote:
maybe the disc was just inserted backwards?take it apart carefully and find out.

No, it wasn't inserted incorrectly. It was cut from the part designed for fame points (you can see some cutoff blue numbers around the very edge). It's white on the front and black on the back, whereas it should be mostly red.

Anyway, I took it apart, wrote the numbers on, and put it back together. We can use it tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.