Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. Blue
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, Goblins Drool, Fairies Rule! has been delayed 2-3 months, which nixes our chances of getting that game in time to give it to our 6 year old daughter for Christmas. I'm looking for a replacement game gift idea, but I'm coming up a little short on ideas.

Here are games we have that she likes to play:
Tsuro (she usually beats everybody, go figure);
Carcassonne and Aquaretto/Zooloretto (we help with scoring);
Ubongo (she LOVES this one, although we play without the timer);
Pick Picknic;
The Magic Labyrinth; and
Forbidden Island (aka "The Sinking Island Game").

FYI, her 8 year old sister is already getting Takenoko. Nom Nom!

So, here are my criteria: (1) cute, (2) simple enough for a 6 year old, but complex enough to keep older siblings and parents interested, and (3) cute.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mb
Clocktowers

This game is adorable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, That's My Fish! ?

Sorry to hear about the delay of Goblins Drool - You could print the PnP if you still want a go (it's not got all the art).

It's an interesting game (GDFR) - probably better with 8 year olds than 6 year olds in my opinion. Anyone can play it and have fun but sorta like chess there is a level of conceptual thought required to win the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Blue
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:

Yes, that's a good one. We actually have it already, but I forgot to include it in my list as we haven't played it in a while. I usually handicap myself with one less penguin, which balances things out with the kiddos.

Clocktowers definitely looks interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Wilde
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about Mice and Mystics? It has cute little mice and my seven year old girl loves it. It's cooperative so Mommy and/or Daddy can handle all the rule tracking. And the mice are cute...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.