Giles Pritchard
Australia
Shepparton
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT announced on the Kickstarter Page for Thunder Alley that there will be an extra exclusive track for all preorders (all P500 and KS backers).

If you add in the track expansion also available as an extra over at KS that makes for 5 tracks!

From their KS update:

Quote:
We are pleased to announce that there will be an exclusive bonus race track that will be added to the game for all pre-orders (P500 and Kickstarter) if the Kickstarter campaign is successful. This track will automatically be included with your game.

While details of the exclusive track are forthcoming, please chime in below in the comments section with any thoughts or suggestions that you have for Jeff as he will be designing the bonus track. (Please, no requests for moats, trenches, supply lines to your pit crew, or ramps over flaming pits of oil.)

Here is a reminder of the current tracks in the game:

Super Speedway (base game)
Short Track (base game)
Road Course (expansion)
Triangle Track (expansion)

Please ask yourself what you would like to see in the bonus track and share those details below.

So GMT are also asking for feedback on what the new track could look like. Great stuff!

It looks like they are also considering some campaign/season rules - which would be awesome!

Cheers,

Giles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We already have the season rules in place. We figured that would be the best way to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giles Pritchard
Australia
Shepparton
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's awesome Jeff. It'd make the game great to play as a league or similar.

With the new track - I put some rough ideas over on the KS page - but I'd love to read what other people's ideas are as well.

Some rough ideas:

What about a track with thin and wide sections - perhaps a short bottleneck (a couple of lanes wide only) and a wide long section to allow the pack the potential to really break up?

To add a wild aspect - what about a track that splits - for a length the four(?) lanes split into two tracks with two lanes each and then rejoin...

I suppose the last would look like this:

Perhaps even things like restricting the pits to certain areas would add an interesting aspect to a track.

Any other 'overfunding' ideas Jeff?

Cheers,

Giles.

A slightly more specific idea of what I meant by the track ideas - excuse the poor drawing:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bauer
United States
Horseheads
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that you have a good representation of a NASCAR season with 4 tracks. Large and short ovals, tri oval, road course at Watkins Glen. So if you want to simulate a season you would need the other road course at Sanoma in CA. That would be a great track. I really hope this project makes it. I want it so bad!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.