United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Abdullah Ibrahim and Ekaya - Sotho Blue
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chris_h wrote:
This brings me to my question... can a player 'criss-cross' over enemy pieces to set up a more strategic route in order to capture more enemy pieces during the same turn? In other words, can an enemy piece be crossed over more than once (in a non-linear fashion). Hence, are enemy pieces removed immediately after each jump (eliminating a 'criss-cross' opportunity), or are enemy pieces removed after the entire turn is over? I haven't read any rules addressing this. I'm pretty sure criss-crossing over friendly pieces is legal but wasn't sure about enemy pieces.

Enemy pieces are removed immediately when jumped, so can't be crossed again.

chris_h wrote:
I also noticed (according to web images) that the Inside Moves version is the only version to display the battlefield at an angle to the board itself... what gives?

They were trying to make it look cool and modern, I guess. They didn't succeed in my view; I'm far happier with my old school version.

chris_h wrote:
Any (verified) rules input would be appreciated...

The World Camelot Federation's web page is what you're looking for. You'll find that the official rules provide an entirely unambiguous answer to your question about the Jump rule (see this page), and can read about a mistake made in writing the Inside Moves version of the rules on this page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chris_h wrote:
Here's also a quote from the website: "Each enemy piece jumped over is captured and immediately removed from the board."

That's the unambiguous rule I was referring to.

chris_h wrote:
IMO, "immediately" is open to interpretation... it could mean after the jump OR after the turn is over. Too bad George Parker isn't around for clarification...

A dictionary is good enough for me:

im·me·di·ate·ly /iˈmēdē-itlē/
Adverb:
1.At once; instantly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Uncle Pennybags
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
+1 to what Sphere said, I have also always played immediate removal as the attacking piece jumps... The game is far more awesome with the old sets of stylistic pieces... they still come up on eBay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jake Arno wrote:
The game is far more awesome with the old sets of stylistic pieces... they still come up on eBay.

Yeah, they do look great. These are what they look like in my 1961 edition:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.