Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd France
United States
flag msg tools
IF ONLY I had a plan...
badge
The lesser of two evils?
mbmbmbmbmb
So the Treasure Die is supposed to be a curse? Is there any rule that you must use it? If not it's more like a slight advantage...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
♜ ♞ ♝ ♛ ♚ ♝ ♞ ♜ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟
badge
♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no rule that you must use it, no. It's more that the die is "cursed", rather than it's a curse itself.

Where other dice have forward moves, this die has backwards. These backward moves come in handy sometimes, so it's more of a yackety-sacks sort of curse, which occasionally results in an advantage.

The advantage of having an extra die to re-roll is nice, but it's offset just a bit by the minor detail that everyone else is attempting to smear you when you have it in your possession.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I completely missed it, but how are these dice used? I didn't see any mention of them in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Collier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pretty sure that the player that cas 'captured' the treasure simply gets to roll that dice in addition to the other dice normally rolled, so it provides another move choice. But you can choose not to use it if you don't want to. So the curse really is super light.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
♜ ♞ ♝ ♛ ♚ ♝ ♞ ♜ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟
badge
♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
Maybe I completely missed it, but how are these dice used? I didn't see any mention of them in the rules.

They are only used in the "Advanced" game, which is described on pages 4 and 5 of the rulebook. In part:

Quote:
Claiming and Using the Treasure Die
At the end of the turn, the player with the Treasure Token takes the Treasure Die. The player now rolls and uses this die like any other Command Die during the next turn.
The priority of all commands on the Treasure Die is considered to be zero.

Special Faces on the Treasure Die
The treasure is a cursed treasure and doesn’t necessarily want to be rescued. Where normal Command Dice have helpful movements, the Treasure Die generally has commands that are less-so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.