Bohnanza» Forums » General

Subject: Which edition is this? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the 3-5 Bohnanza German edition but I have seen a bigger boxed german edition that says it plays 3-7.
At first though it would be the basic + Bohnanza Erweiterungs-Set but that doesn't seem to be the case because according to my, at the time, math (which I don't remember) this versions has more cards than the 3-5 players version but less than the basic+expansion combined. If my memory doesn't ilude me(which it probably does) it had around 150 cards.
Through all this fuzzy memories, does anyone know which version is this?

PS: I saw this version in Wien's(Austria) Muller shopping center. If I recall correctly it was actually only existent in Muller(had a sticker on it saying this) and was an Amigo version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems to be one of the current anniversary editions like Bohniläum or Bohn To Be Wild.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Keller
Germany
Dietzenbach
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We did the regular Bohnanza with the expansion in a special box exclusive für Müller.
While we did the special version roughly one year ago, you might still see a few out there. My bet is, that you are talking about one of these.

Take care,
Bernd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is indeed a version for a shop called Müller in Germany and it's still available at shops in Aachen (at least I've still seen copies about 1 or 2 month ago). The Bohniläum version is actually for 2-7 players.

edit: The original german expansion is actually a combination of 2 expansions. One part of the expansion being the extra beans and the other part being the Bohnami cards (if I remember correctly that that's the name for it). Those Bohnami cards have been left out in the Müller box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response.
What are exactly the Bohnami cards?
I have the basic Bohnanza(but I can't give it away if I buy the Muller version), so my question is do you recomend getting the expansion(I think we are refering to Bohnanza Erweiterungs-Set (Revised Edition)) or getting this Muller set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Bohnanza Erweiterungs-Set comes with cards like these :

The Müller edition doesn't have those. They can be played in combination with the extra bean species, but you can also play those Bohnami (I think I've seen Uwe referring to them as Bohnami, probably in the small book from Amigo-Spiele) cards in combination with just the beans from the base game.

If you have to chose between the 2 versions, then I would take the Erweiterungs-Set revised edition, because you're getting 2 expansions in one.
Someone who doesn't have the base game yet, could go for the Müller edition.

edit: The Bohnami cards can give you extra Bean-Thalers. Lets say you've got the card which is shown above. When you have 3 beans planted on you 1st beanfield and also 3 beans on your 2nd beanfield (3/3), you can flip the card and put the extra Bean-Thaler to your other thalers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tum ble
msg tools
I picked up the Müller edition of Bohanza recently. A couple of days later, there were none left, even though there had been a few of them beside the 'regular' Bohnanza for several months. Possibly Müller have withdrawn them now.

The Müller edition comes in a box which is a better fit for the cards than I remember the UK version being, and consists of 164 cards plus rules booklet. The cards include:

7 ... 3rd field cards
24 ... Kaffeebohnen
22 ... Weinbrandbohnen
20 ... Blaue Bohnen
18 ... Feuerbohnen
16 ... Saubohnen
14 ... Brechbohnen
12 ... Sojabohnen
10 ... Augenbohnen
8 ... Rote Bohnen
6 ... Gartenbohnen
4 ... Kakaobohnen
3 ... Ackerbohnen

A harvest of 2 Ackerbohnen can be converted into a 3rd field (so long as the player does not already have a 3rd field). A harvest of 3 Ackerbohnen can be converted into 3 coins.

The rules are fairly clear with illustrated examples for the phases in a turn, and easy to understand, even with my limited grasp of German. My only difficulty was that I couldn't find the number of cards to deal out to each player at the beginning. It is listed under "Spielvorbereitung", where you'd expect it to be. In my defence, it's the only paragraph there which is not in bold font.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.