Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks in advance for your help. Enjoying the game solo, but I'm confused here.

8.7.4 Terror has three bullets that specify:
-first hitting all unsabotaged LoC's
-then, in other spaces where kidnap could take resources or shipments until there are three such spaces including LoC's
-finally, in all other spaces with at least 1 population not in "active opposition"

2 questions from me:
1) I have five unsabotaged LoC's, so do I hit all five and then ignore the 2nd bullet (assuming kidnap could happen at the LoC's)? Or do I hit cities/departments with the 2nd bullet?

2) Also, if I've found three spots for kidnap before I get to the third bullet do I skip the third bullet?

Hope that makes sense. Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Williams
Australia
Googong
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3+ LOC's will negate the 2nd bullet. In effect "hit 3 kidnap targets". So if less than 3 LOC's go onto 2nd bullet.

The third bullet "always happens regardless of first 2 bullets" and is where some real action can occur at times. Look at every space with a UG FARC guerrilla and > 0 Population and if it aint at Active Opposition then TERROR it is.

Executive summary would be "hit kidnap targets starting with LOC's." "If all hit LOC's = < 3, hit more kidnap targets until 3 have been hit." "Then hit all spaces with > 0 Pop and not at active opposition with an underground FARC guerrilla."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for a quick and clear answer Eric.
-Rob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ecka wrote:
3+ LOC's will negate the 2nd bullet...

I am not sure I agree with this completely. Please correct me if I am wrong. Let me provide an example:

There are three LOC's with 1 FARC underground guerrilla. Two spaces have no Government forces. The third space has 1 Police.

After sabotage is done there are only two eligible kidnap targets due to Police presence, so we would proceed to select a third potential kidnap location for a terror operation. (I think this is correct, please let me know if I misunderstood).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance G
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
...determines everything.
badge
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
mbmbmbmbmb
You are implying that there must be a police or troop presence to kidnap "from" in the LoC? If there is no police you cannot perform kidnap?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance G
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question on the topic of FARC kidnap:

If a 1d6 is rolled and you place an AUC Guerrilla, does FARC still collect 6 resources or is that an "either or" type of action meaning place an available AUC piece and still collect 6 resources or you don't collect 6?

Another Q about AUC placement:

Does available AUC mean from the map or from the player supply. What if all are placed on the map? Does the AUC faction choose to place one or can simply say no thanks or can FARC take any piece it wants and move there?

I feel like I should know these answers by now but it seems the more games played with others that, like politics, we all have different interpretations of clear textual statements. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry I wasn't clear. Let me expand on my example:

Three LOC

A - 1 underground FARC guerrilla
B - 1 underground FARC guerrilla
C - 1 underground FARC guerrilla, 1 Police

A, B, & C can be sabotaged by a terror operation.
A & B may be selected for the kidnap activity.
C may not be selected for the kidnap activity. (Due to Police)

Combine this with my above post and it seems to contradict the rule of thumb I quoted. I would like to know if I understand this correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark--Correct, FARC Guerrillas must outnumber Police on the LoC to Kidnap. (4.3.3)

Lance--It's not either or; FARC still takes the resources. (It's the fact that they are costing elites so many resources that has encouraged support of the autodefensas.)

"Available" always means in/from the Available Forces holding box, what you are calling "player supply", not spaces on the map. (1.4.1 1st bullet and Key Term page 15) If none is available, none is placed. (Since it would not be AUC executing the action, AUC could not simply remove a piece from elsewhere on the map per 1.4.1 2nd bullet.)

Btw, here's the rule: 'Whenever a “6” is rolled, AUC places 1 Available piece in that space (within stacking, 1.4.2).' Note that it's piece, not Guerrilla, so in some cases AUC might place a Base.

Hope that helps, best, Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance G
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes that makes it clear Volko.

Many thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.