Brian Lyons
United States
Eastlake
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We been trying new game's and some are hit and miss, but seeing how winter is pretty much upon us one thing for sure we been playing more.
But sometimes it's hard to get everyone to play all at once on the same day and when we do its hard to get everyone to agree on one game and then enjoy it. A few weeks ago we went to the store and they were out of the game I went for,so we picked up Zombie Dice. We played a few rounds and everyone enjoyed it and just for the hell of it I called Championship Final Round and put $5.00 on the table for the winner to claim as a prize.
lol,It then turned into a pretty serious game. My son ended up winning and then I seen the error on my part as my daughter was very unhappy.

So I learned two things, prizes made everything more interesting but only having one winner doesn't work. So this led me to this idea of getting a game and playing with some type of prize money,but the winner decides what form of entertainment the family will enjoy with the money,like a night at the movies,dinner,another board game,video game etc. anything we can all enjoy. "lol,yes its a form of bribery"

So I was looking for the right game to try my experiment out with. Risk Legacy came to mind as you have to play with the same group of players and it plays out over a 15 game series,dice rolling should give enough chance for everyone and from what I read it's not to complex if you played regular risk before.

The kids are 9 and almost 12,im just not sure about risk as im not sure if they would see the tactical side of it,but who knows? I just liked how it progressed and changed as time went on and played for 15 games.
But if you have any thought on Risk Legacy for my experiment or another game that would work well for this let me know.
I guess I could really play any game and just play a series of them to the end for the prize,but ultimately I want to make a certain day every week game night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd think King of Tokyo would be perfect for your experiment, especially with kids of those ages. It's easy to learn, lots of fun, and never bogs down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.