Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Rimmer
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to buy this game for my daughter as she is Zombie mad and I thought we could play co op..however I've been told you can't co op two player is this correct?

If so it's a shame. What other games would you recommend for me and her to play pref co op and are great two player. She likes Zombies and fantasy..she is nearly 12.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For a game that co-ops well with 2 and also falls into a horror/fantasy theme, I'd recommend Castle Ravenloft. I think it would be particularly good to play with a younger gamer. It even has zombies!

edit -- and to answer your question, you're right that LNoE doesn't co-op with two. There is no AI mechanism to direct the zombies; they must be controlled by a player. I haven't played it, but Zombicide is a co-op "vs. the zombies" game that seems to be well-liked by a lot of gamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Phillips
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
badge
One does not simply surf into Mordor!
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Zombicide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay K
United Kingdom
West Malling
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
Nothing to see here. Please move on
badge
It's about time!
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some soloplay variants which work well and are posted in the files section. Use these for the zombies and split the heroes. I play solo as my son is a little young (8), however, I enjoy the game a lot when I am looking for a less complicated game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the younger players, you might try the variant (specified in Growing Hunger, I think), where you put 2 L-Shaped board sections together to make a small rectangular board. Hero player controls 1 hero, and the zombie controls only 7 zombies. It's a 10-turn game. Objective is for the Hero to kill 5 zombies, and Zombies must either kill the hero or wait for time to run out.

This is a simpler and quicker way to play the game that might be more appropriate for you and your child.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rimmer
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info..though it's expensive I think maybe Zombicide is the one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pacey
United States
Dexter
Michigan
flag msg tools
Jayhawk
badge
KU
mbmbmbmbmb
Be sure to check out the rules to Zombiecide before you make that purchase. Available at

http://guillotinegames.com/en/gamestuff

I was really excited about Zombiecide myself until I read the rules. The zombies just didn't seem like they would be interesting enough, and the ranged fire rules are very odd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Zombicide is very fun, but personally I like LNOE way more. I'd say if your daughter is "zombie-mad" as you say you might want to give this a shot regardless of the lack of co-op. You can play two-player games of this where you control all the heroes and she all the zombies, then swap it up for the next game. Lots of brain-eating fun.

I feel like Zombicide is a bit too pricey (at full retail at least) for what it is, and gets a little fiddly when it comes to movement and things. LNOE also creates a better story and feels more like a good zombie movie instead of a simple street fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking forward to trying Zombicide. Printed out the rules last night, but haven't had a chance to read them yet. I like games that feature monster AI systems, like Castle Ravenloft and Gears of War, and zombies seem especially well suited to such treatment since they are the very definition of mindless automatons.

I would, of course, second the recommendation for LNoE, but it sounds like the OP has his heart set on a co-op.

The components for Zombicide look awesome, but for $75 the ruleset is going to have to be pretty impressive to make me pull the trigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bonner
United Kingdom
Grantham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously I don't know your daughter but I've played several times with Scouts aged under 12 and they've all enjoyed it - but we did have a group playing against the zombies.

The game's great if you've got the time to play - I agree with the suggestion of the short game as an intro then play 2 player zombies v heroes (or perhaps you could play open hands and you control two heroes and the zombies).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex de Burgh
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find Zombicide a much better 2 player game than LNOE - it all comes down to taste really, but for me Zombicide is the only Zombie game I feel I need. It captures the feel of more action based Zombie movies as opposed to LNOE's survivor horror feel. I would say LNOE is like 'Night of the Living Dead', Zombicide is like 'Dawn of the Dead'. A big thing for me is that the Zombies in Zombicide are controlled by the game and react to what they can hear and see. In LNOE they are controlled by the player. Both games have simple, easy to understand rules and a lot of customisation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I tend to feel like Zombicide is one action-oriented scene from a zombie movie, and LNOE is more like the whole bloody awesome thing. Both are good games, just very different in style.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
recrispi
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you're looking for a 2 player co-op zombie game that is also cheap and easy to play, maybe you should look for All Thing Zombie the Boardgame.
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/36986/all-things-zombie-t...
The problem is this game does not have miniatures, only cardboard tokens for everything, but, well it is cheaper than the other 2 games (LNOE and Zombicide)

My 2 cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.