Popular Tags: [View All]
AMOS BURKE
United Kingdom
WALSALL
WEST MIDLANDS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say the game ends when;
1 A stated number of turns has passed for the scenario.
2 If you can't draw 3 phase cards.
3 All one side is eliminated.

So the last game i had i completed my orders "capture over half the landmarks" and started to pull back.

I had two soldiers killed and one captured , but got three soliders off the board at my entry point on the first phase of the turn.

Will the game end at that point or can my opponent play the last two phases of the turn out as he might complete his orders before the end of the turn.

Amos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have all your figures off the board, you should hope that you have enough VP's from your orders to win, because your opponent can continue to play until all of the allotted turns are played through or he can't draw 3 phase cards. So if you got all your figures off the board on Phase 1 of turn 6 in a scenario that allowed 13 turns, the opponent can play out the remainder of the 13 turns.

If he has a Hold orders that gives him X VP's for Holding a Landmark at the end of the game, and if those VP's along with the VP's he gained from your dead and captured soldiers are more than the VP's you got from your orders, then he wins. That's a risk of leaving the map too soon.

I played a game one time where both my opponent and myself had scouting orders and his entry and exit were pretty close to each other, while my exit was on his side of the map and I had to cross his path. I had managed to kill one of his guys and I figured I'd let him get all of his guys off the map because our VP's for our orders were likely to be pretty close, but I had extra VP's from a kill. Well there was a Story card that came up that gave him like 3 VP's if he could reveal his completed orders card and since he had a soldier off the map, he could reveal it. The soldier I had killed was only worth 2 VP's (German). So because of that Story deck card, I then knew how many VP's he was getting from his orders and adding the 3 extra would put him 1 more than my completed scouting orders and 2 VPs for the kill. So I basically started double timing to get a few shots off his last guys and didn't kill any more and lost by 1 VP. I was going to let him just walk off the map and think he had it in the bag, so I wasn't going to get in close range of him. Then I was going to complete my orders and win, but that darn story deck card messed things up for me. Fun still, but it just goes to show that you never know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMOS BURKE
United Kingdom
WALSALL
WEST MIDLANDS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right that would have effect on our game ,we had four movers left and my opponents orders was to patrol and exit board which he should have made it

and that would have won the game for him as there was 1 VP in it

when i play at my club the game ends as we usally run out of time so never played the story deck through

many many thx greg
Amos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Gale
United Kingdom
Nuneaton
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry Amos, think that makes it one game to me!

Jeremy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMOS BURKE
United Kingdom
WALSALL
WEST MIDLANDS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cry
A win fair and square Jeremy, having the time to play a game to the end brings a lot more factors into completing orders.

looking foward to next game
o and how's yer boiler soblue

Amos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.