Popular Tags: [View All]
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well here we are in the final week. The wonderfull month of November and BurrEato comes to a close. For some of us Thanksgiving is behind us and Christmas is on the horizon. And then before we know it, it will be Cinco de Mayo

I wanted to do something different this time for this week than I did before, I already did; lowfat, low cost, easy, slow cooked, traditional, chicken twice and pork once. I was stumped then it hit me… STEAK!... mmm Carne Asada!!

The one I had at work today re-heated was totally killer.

FYI.. the marinade is AWSOME and would also make a good salad dressing.

Main Ingredient:
3 lbs flank steak (go to the butcher and get a good cut, don’t get cheap stuff)

Maranade:
1/3 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup soy sauce
4 cloves garlic, minced
2limes, juiced
1/2 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ground white pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon paprika

Directions:
1) mix marande and let sit overnight
2) combine marande and the steak in the morning and let sit 1-8 hours. I like to use zip lock freezer bags
3) Grill steak and cook rice
4) Roll em up!!

FYI fat free refried beans have more sodium, and not a lot less fat than regular.

This is a preatty good rice it has a lot of nutty flavor. It's not cheap though.

I used the marande to baste the meat. Those of you concerned about food borne illness doing this, just do not baste right before removing from the fire.

That's a random picture of our cat who was no help

This is the chicken cacciatore I ate while grilling and cooking ...mmmm

All done lets cut in....NO!!!! DO NOT CUT YOUR MEAT RIGHT OFF THE GRILL!! I will find out if you do!

Always cook steaks to a little before they are at the temp you want them. For example if you want Med Rare take off the grill when Rare. Cover them in foil and let rest about a least 10 minutes. This will lock in the juices and they will continue to cook. If you didn't know that then your "master of the grill" licence and apron is suspended.

See how happy and juicy it is now. All the juice is in the meat not on the cutting board or counter.

assembled and happy

This is a really decent steak and easy. I definatly recommend it for the summer time with guests with, a nice salad, grilled corn on the cob, baked potatoe etc...

I'll be watching to make sure you let your meat rest after cooking===========
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My being a vegetarian kind of takes the fun out of this. Looks good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
You say the cat didn't help but I'll bet that it just heard the can opener and the refried beans being opened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmbmb
OK, Rhode Island is about 320 miles away or just under 6 hours driving time. The tank is already full and if I leave right now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.