Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Need a rules interpretation concerning the Beach in The Coast expansion. The space says "Heal one wound or remove a curse on a die roll of 5 or 6."

Question: Does that mean that you can ALWAYS heal one wound (with no die roll) or does the die roll apply whether you are healing or trying to remove a curse?

In other words, I'm unclear whether you have to roll a die if you just want to heal a wound, or if you have to roll only if you are trying to remove a curse.

Thanks in advance for any help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
I can understand your confusion! Either interpretation would be properly translated English. I'll vote for:

1.) Heal a wound for no die roll
2.) Remove a curse if you roll 5 or 6 (but don't heal a wound regardless of your success).

The new villains of "The Coast" are harder so the heroes could benefit from the healing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Neil--

Thanks for your answer. My preference would be for your interpretation, and I'll probably play it that way. But this is a situation in which a comma would make all the difference. If it read "Heal a wound, or cure a curse on a die roll of 5 or 6", it would be crystal clear. But in the absence of a comma after wound, it seems like it's saying that you have to roll a die either way.

Bob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, I've been playing it like Neil explained. The game is pretty brutal with 3 boards up so I take free healing when I can!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.