Popular Tags: [View All]
Agung Waspodo
Indonesia
Depok
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear everyone, I have just received my copy of Andean Abyss and currently in the process of playing through the playbook example. Everything becomes clear and I adore GMT's way of designing this playbook, then I found this:

On page.8, right column, 2nd paragraph from the top, reads:

"in Putumayo, FARC could remove two Guerrillas in order to place a base, but the newly-placed base would be vulnerable to enemy attack or a Government airstrike."

Question: how can FARC place a base there when the two available base-space is already occupied by Cartels?

continuing on the same paragraph, reads:

"Knowing this, FARC places 1 available guerrilla. FARC outnumbers the AUC in Putumayo, but does not outnumber all the enemies in Putumayo put together so they cannot Extort here."

Wuestion: How could FARC's 3 guerrillas (2 existing plus 1 from rally) not outnumber all the enemies put together when there are only 2 guerrillas in Putumayo, 1 each for AUC and Cartels? Does Cartels bases count as well?

---
edited for grammatical clarification
Thanks a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Williams
Australia
Googong
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agung, I'm hesitant to answer because my copy of the playbook is about 100 yards away down in my shed.

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.1dd517eb/745

First check the above link. There is a PDF errata there that has corrected the mistakes in the playbook.

My second suggestion is what can often happen in Putumayo early. The Cartels my have "cultivated" the second base out of Putumayo thus creating a base build opportunity there for FARC.

The second question would be: 1 starting Cartels guerrilla plus one starting AUC guerrilla plus one Cartels base = 3. 2 FARC guerrilla's plus one more = 3. Not greater than "all enemy pieces" hence no extortion (and no control). Bases count as pieces when determining majority.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agung Waspodo
Indonesia
Depok
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ecka wrote:
Agung, I'm hesitant to answer because my copy of the playbook is about 100 yards away down in my shed.

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.1dd517eb/745

First check the above link. There is a PDF errata there that has corrected the mistakes in the playbook.

My second suggestion is what can often happen in Putumayo early. The Cartels my have "cultivated" the second base out of Putumayo thus creating a base build opportunity there for FARC.

The second question would be: 1 starting Cartels guerrilla plus one starting AUC guerrilla plus one Cartels base = 3. 2 FARC guerrilla's plus one more = 3. Not greater than "all enemy pieces" hence no extortion (and no control). Bases count as pieces when determining majority.

Eric, thanks for replying.
I have downloaded the errata and clarifications pdf file and read it, unfortunately it does not corrected the paragraph I'm referring to.

I am playing the "tutorial" in the playbook as far as the 5th card "Union Sindical Obrera" and retrace back to the first play looking for a possible mistake on my part. Now, I am sure that the Cartles still have their 2 bases in Putumayo, as it is shown on the illustration on pages 9 and 11 of the play book.

I am almost sure that this may be an errata too, unless I'm missing out on the rules.

On the second question, I now understand that bases count as pieces too, thank you for clarifying that for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Agung, you are right. The FARC could not place a Base because of the 2 Cartels Bases already there. I will add something to he errata. I hope you will enjoy the game! Best regards, Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agung Waspodo
Indonesia
Depok
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Volko wrote:
Agung, you are right. The FARC could not place a Base because of the 2 Cartels Bases already there. I will add something to he errata. I hope you will enjoy the game! Best regards, Volko

Volko, thank you for the clarification, now I feel a bit confident to continue your superb playbook. I am enjoying Andean Abyss and is anticipating Cuba Libre and A Distant Plain as well.

Keep doing great things Mr. Volko Ruhnke.
---
On a side note, I am also enjoying your Labyrinth and we are having a load of fun learning in our history circle with your games.

Best of regards from us at Kajian Sejarah Islam Tematik "KSIT" (Islamic History Circle), Depok, Jakarta, Indonesia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.