Subject: Long Night, and Universal Power rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Concerning the Long Night tactic, when can I use it? As soon as I deplete my deeds deck?

Say I end my turn, and during my draw phase, I have enough cards in my deck to draw all but one of the cards I'm eligible to get. Can I flip my Long Night then, and draw my last card?

Concerning Goldyx's Universal Power, can I use a black mana die or token at night to get the x3 upgrade to a sideways card? How about black during the day or gold at night?

Thanks for your assistance, and peace to all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you can't use long night unless the deed deck is empty; you can't shuffle the three cards into it until the deck is empty.

you can't spend black mana unless you are under night rules and you can't spend gold mana unless under day rules, unless a card text says otherwise. Powered Mana storm and a few artifacts come to mind which meet this exception.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So in my Long Night example....yes?

And in my Universal Power example for night time....yes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
delewobmesid wrote:
you can't use long night unless the deed deck is empty; you can't shuffle the three cards into it until the deck is empty.

you can't spend black mana unless you are under night rules and you can't spend gold mana unless under day rules, unless a card text says otherwise. Powered Mana storm and a few artifacts come to mind which meet this exception.

Your ability to reply, yet not answer the posed question is impressive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dlikos wrote:
Concerning the Long Night tactic, when can I use it? As soon as I deplete my deeds deck?

Yes.

Quote:
Say I end my turn, and during my draw phase, I have enough cards in my deck to draw all but one of the cards I'm eligible to get. Can I flip my Long Night then, and draw my last card?

Yes.

Quote:
Concerning Goldyx's Universal Power, can I use a black mana die or token at night to get the x3 upgrade to a sideways card?

Yes.

Quote:
How about black during the day or gold at night?

No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks kind sir.

1gg for you.

Didn't you collect on a previous question and answer gg from me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Engel

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dlikos wrote:
Thanks kind sir.

1gg for you.

Didn't you collect on a previous question and answer gg from me?

Actually, I'm not sure David's response to the Long Night example is correct. You can only flip Long Night if your deed deck is actually empty. You can do this as soon as it's empty, so say you have no cards in your hand and 3 cards in your deck with a hand size of 5. You could draw those 3 cards, flip Long Night, shuffle in 3 random cards from your discard, then draw 2 more cards (leaving one left in your deck).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
leshrac55 wrote:
Actually, I'm not sure David's response to the Long Night example is correct. You can only flip Long Night if your deed deck is actually empty. You can do this as soon as it's empty, so say you have no cards in your hand and 3 cards in your deck with a hand size of 5. You could draw those 3 cards, flip Long Night, shuffle in 3 random cards from your discard, then draw 2 more cards (leaving one left in your deck).

How is that different from what he asked? "Say I end my turn, and during my draw phase, I have enough cards in my deck to draw all but one of the cards I'm eligible to get. Can I flip my Long Night then, and draw my last card?" Are we unsure of the meaning of the word "then"? I took it to mean "after drawing all of the cards in the deck, and before completing the draw phase".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Engel

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
leshrac55 wrote:

How is that different from what he asked? "Say I end my turn, and during my draw phase, I have enough cards in my deck to draw all but one of the cards I'm eligible to get. Can I flip my Long Night then, and draw my last card?" Are we unsure of the meaning of the word "then"? I took it to mean "after drawing all of the cards in the deck, and before completing the draw phase".

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the example. The way I'm reading it, he has enough cards in his deck to draw all but 1 of them at the end of turn. So, to translate to something similar to my example, say he has 6 cards in his deck, no hand, and a hand size of 5. So he'd draw 5 cards and has 1 left in his deck. Can he flip Long Night to draw his last card? No, he cannot.

Edit: Re-reading again, I understand the meaning now. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
leshrac55 wrote:
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the example.

Definitely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.