Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Espínola
Brazil
Brasília
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1 - You can use Home tile from another player? devil If possible, at the end of the season, all keyples (including those from another player) at it goes behind his screen?

2 - It is possible that some resources simply do not appear (or added into a village) in entire game (specialy in games with 2/3 players)? It happened in our first game. It and seemed a little strange

3 - It is possible look at tiles of future seasons (except winter, of course)?

Thank you! A great game by the way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
worol wrote:
1 - You can use Home tile from another player? :devil: If possible, at the end of the season, all keyples (including those from another player) at it goes behind his screen?

Yes, the same for the home tile or any other tile in another player's village.
Quote:

2 - It is possible that some resources simply do not appear (or added into a village) in entire game (specialy in games with 2/3 players)? It happened in our first game and we feel a little strange :what:

As in there was no wood? We generally found that there were a few things that produced at least a little wood(/iron/stone), failing that, there is always gold. If you meant in a particular village, well go and use someone else's tile.
Quote:

You can look through the piles (or the rulebook) and see all the tiles, but the ones that will actually appear in the game aren't selected until right before they are laid out, so no previews.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
1- correct. Any keyples, including those placed by another player, anywhere in your village go behind your screen for use in the next season by you. Yes, you can play on someone else's home tile as well.

2- I suppose this is possible but it didn't come up in a huge way in the two 2p games I have played. Remember that you can use the gold resource in place of any other resource in the game. (See pg. 1 where resources are depicted for this)

3- It says to place them in piles for future seasons (turns) by the side of the board. As each season starts, I normally take them, shuffle and place the amount of tiles needed, returning the rest to the box. it's not really a secret as to what tiles are potentially available in the game and I wouldn't see why players would not be able to view them to see what 'could' come out each season.

Happy gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Espínola
Brazil
Brasília
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
worol wrote:
1 - You can use Home tile from another player? devil If possible, at the end of the season, all keyples (including those from another player) at it goes behind his screen?

Yes, the same for the home tile or any other tile in another player's village.
Quote:

2 - It is possible that some resources simply do not appear (or added into a village) in entire game (specialy in games with 2/3 players)? It happened in our first game and we feel a little strange

As in there was no wood? We generally found that there were a few things that produced at least a little wood(/iron/stone), failing that, there is always gold. If you meant in a particular village, well go and use someone else's tile.
Quote:

You can look through the piles (or the rulebook) and see all the tiles, but the ones that will actually appear in the game aren't selected until right before they are laid out, so no previews.

B>

Wow! That was really quick! Thanks!!!

About question two, in our last game stone produce tiles didn't appear at entire game. About 4 tiles became "useless" and several buildings could not make upgrades
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gold is a universal resource (see pg. 1 of the rules where the pictures of the resources are)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gold counts as any resource, so could substitute for the missing stone.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played a lot of 2 player games now and we have frequently seen games with 1 or even 2 resources not available. I have not yet seen a game when gold was not available.

I don't see this as a problem at all. It is in the nature of the game and what makes each game different. It may indeed make some tiles close to useless, but as others have said, there is always gold to use as a universal resource.

There is also a Winter tile that lets you interchange all resources at the end, which could render some tiles more useful if you have prepared well.

Excellent game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
worol wrote:

This is something I have wondered about. The rules have you select the appropriate number of summer and autumn tiles during set up, and have you place them in two separate piles.

I had initially interpreted this as meaning you were not supposed to know the exact content, and as a result I've blindly shuffled and selected and then placed the stacks elsewhere so that we don't get to see even the top hex. However I'm not sure what the designers intended - they certainly haven't used any words to definitely imply an intent to keep the cards unknown.

However, independently of the designers intent, I currently choose to keep them secret. Firstly I enjoy the 'what's coming out this season?' intrigue. Secondly for me it's enough to be planning for the winter tiles - and that even though I'm working towards these goals I have to work with the uncertainty of whether I'll be able to successfully bid for them, and also potentially work towards what I think my opponents winter tiles are (based on their actions). Meanwhile I'm trying to upgrade the buildings I've already got etc. To also be taking into account knowledge of the summer and autumn tiles - which again I would be planning around with no certainty of being the owner - well that would give me too much of a headache.

It's possible that with more plays (I'm on 8 so far) I'd feel differently and if I knew that it was the designer's intent to have them be open knowledge I might try it that way, but I'm enjoying it very much the way we're playing right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Breese
United Kingdom
Stratford-upon-Avon
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
entwife wrote:
I currently choose to keep them secret. Firstly I enjoy the 'what's coming out this season?' intrigue. Secondly for me it's enough to be planning for the winter tiles...

It's possible that with more plays (I'm on 8 so far) I'd feel differently and if I knew that it was the designer's intent to have them be open knowledge I might try it that way, but I'm enjoying it very much the way we're playing right now.
I'm pleased you are enjoying the game. You are playing the way the designers intended!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
entwife wrote:
worol wrote:

This is something I have wondered about. The rules have you select the appropriate number of summer and autumn tiles during set up, and have you place them in two separate piles.

Look again. It's a bit scattered around but:

"place a number of spring tiles in the centre of the playing surface as indicated by the table below."

then two paragraphs below

"Place the twelve summer tiles and twelve autumn tiles in two separate piles. These will be used later in the game"

The number of tiles is only selected (and hence the choice made) at the appropriate Start of Season phase.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
"Place the twelve summer tiles and twelve autumn tiles in two separate piles. These will be used later in the game"

The number of tiles is only selected (and hence the choice made) at the appropriate Start of Season phase.

B>

Aha! Thanks. I'd completely overlooked the use of the number 12 - I'd read it as place the correct number for your player count (which of course isn't 12) whereas what it meant was place all the summer/ autumn tiles. This makes more sense - and will save me from the difficulties of creating and moving a stack of hexes without looking at them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.