Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Paella
United States
East Aurora
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 46 of the rulebook the last paragraph under the four-player section states when Sauruman is in play, all Southron & Easterling and Isengard elite units are also leaders.

Why is this? We played a 4-player game this weekend and wondered why they would make this change when it seemed as though the Shadow side didn't need this boost. We are novice players though, only playing a few times, some of the players for the first time. Is it because of the Nazgul being shared by both Shadow players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not specific to the 4p game, it applies to the game in general with any number of players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren wrote:
This is not specific to the 4p game, it applies to the game in general with any number of players.

Really? That's news to me. Where does it say that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
S&E Elites are only ever Leaders in multi-player games.

And yes, part of it is so the Shadow players won't fight eachother over their Leaders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralf Schemmann
Germany
Siegen
NRW
flag msg tools
www.der-ringkrieg.de
badge
www.der-ringkrieg.de
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren wrote:

I think you are misremembering this. The "elites as leaders" only applies to Isengard units in a 2-player game, not S&E ones. See Veldrin's reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob W
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A related question: if I'm playing Sauron in a 3 or 4 player game, and I end up controlling/attacking with a mixed army including Saruman Elites, are the Saruman Elites leaders for me? Or are they only leaders when the Saruman player is in control?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Porkins_ wrote:
A related question: if I'm playing Sauron in a 3 or 4 player game, and I end up controlling/attacking with a mixed army including Saruman Elites, are the Saruman Elites leaders for me? Or are they only leaders when the Saruman player is in control?

As long as Saruman is in the game they are leaders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.