Popular Tags: [View All]
marc gauthier
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi
anybody found that the game is short and easy, at least for the starting setup ? Note that I only played one game, so this could probably change with the diffrent Scheme and/or Mastermind.

Marc

PS, I'm french, sorry about the phrasing in english.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Daugherty
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played twice and found it very easy. But we played with two players and I've heard a two player game will be easier because each player will be able to cycle their decks before the villains reach the end of the track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Devine
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played once in a 3 player, and we got our butts handed to us. But it was a lot of fun, even then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael A

California
msg tools
Difficulty is easily ramped up, some others and myself have already posted several option for upping the difficulty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gingold
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My group has played 2 two player games and 1 three player game. We found the game incredibly easy each game regardless of the number of players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the neat things about the game is that there are so many ways to tweak the difficulty - try adding another villain group, or henchman group, or subtracting a hero, or increasing the fight values, or (gulp) doubling up on the schemes/masterminds.

But yes, the starting setup (Red Skull/Cosmic Cube) is probably the easiest setup to play with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcuspolus01 wrote:
Hi
anybody found that the game is short and easy, at least for the starting setup ?

Yes, the combination of cards in the starting setup does seem very easy. The game will likely be won by the "good guys" every time if the players are veteran gamers. I'd say the difficulty is around that of Pandemic at normal difficulty. You may have a close call now and then, but it is mostly just a timer, not a difficult challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sinodinos
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you guys tried adjusting the set-up as described in the rulebook?

Because at first, me and my buddies thought it was way too easy -but when playing it using the Legendary Challenge Mode (11 Scheme cards instead of 8) and the All-Powerful Mastermind tweak (+5 Atk); it's really a challenge now -even with 20+ games under our belts...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Egan
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
dcorban wrote:
Marcuspolus01 wrote:
Hi
anybody found that the game is short and easy, at least for the starting setup ?

Yes, the combination of cards in the starting setup does seem very easy. The game will likely be won by the "good guys" every time if the players are veteran gamers. I'd say the difficulty is around that of Pandemic at normal difficulty. You may have a close call now and then, but it is mostly just a timer, not a difficult challenge.

We played through Midtown Bank Robbery with Loki and 4 players. We got destroyed. Our first reveal was a Master Strike, followed by a Destroyer (with 4 of our 5 opening cards being Nick Fury). That combined with the +1 for each Bystander and seeing only resource generating heroes for the first complete go around, we had zero chance. The Destroyer was untouchable and carried off 3 Bystanders, and even Savage Land henchmen became untouchable with basic Shield Troopers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.