Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Canadians got the dirty end of the stick here again it seems. Game was available a week ago in the USA, anyone I called up in the Cold North still doesn't have it.

To make matters worse, online stores are planning to sell it a full TEN DOLLARS higher than their US counter parts too, once it finally hits their hands yuk shake

Canadian dollar has been near par for nearly 10 years, yet the whole Canadian retail sector has purposely completely ignored this fact, and still treats pricing like our dollar is only worth 0.70 like before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
Switzerland
Leysin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do what I, a fellow Canadian, does: buy online! Canadian board game prices are indeed overpriced!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I'm going to take the dead calm as a big resounding NO. What a shame no one up here has been able to enjoy the game yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Aube
Canada
Ste-Julie
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure where you've seen it in stock in the USA. I've just check Board & Bits, Coolstuff and Cardhaus - all of them have it for pre order (Cardhaus says they'll have it in stock Nov 30).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The brick and mortar stores had (and many still have) this on Nov 21st, exactly when they were supposed to, yet NO Canadian ones do.

No Online stores (like what you mention) are supposed to get it until Dec 5

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Possible
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to see if I can find it from the U.S. Who has it in stock?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well apparently things are actually going from terrible to even worse

It seems that there is one distributor up here who has exclusive distribution rights to Queen Games. They don't even have this game yet.

Once they do, they are going to follow the same song and dance as USA, where they will only give it to B&M stores first and wait a full 2 weeks to give it to online stores. If this is true, and other online stores HAVE to buy from them (not sure about this part) then people up here will be lucky to get the game by Christmas unless they go to a B&M and pay full retail price.

If I lived closer to a USA gamestore I would surely be making trips to it (as it is shipping one game up here is not really feasible).

Thanks Queen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jaxommm wrote:
Do what I, a fellow Canadian, does: buy online! Canadian board game prices are indeed overpriced!

See above, shipping charges are brutal from USA and have gone up a lot in last couple of years, then there is duty and taxes

WereIdes wrote:
I'm trying to see if I can find it from the U.S. Who has it in stock?

I called 3 or 4 on Nov 21 and ALL of them had it (B&M stores). I am not sure how many are sold out now. People local to each other might think about a Group order (to soften the shipping blow) from Cool Stuff @ $33 each you are already $10 ahead of what Canadian online retailers are planning to sell it for

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So you registered an account today just to post this response, interesting.

My ill-will towards Queen in that post is due to the Canadian delay not their B&M shipping policy (which however DOES make it all worse for those not wanting to pay full retail)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkenAngel wrote:

Queen is all the way over in Europe, friend. Getting stuff to Canada isn't the easiest road.

So you want me to believe that Canada is farther away from Europe than the USA is, and it should take an extra 2 weeks to get games here?

DarkenAngel wrote:

But really, you want to kvetch about the fact that you're not getting it cheaper than full price? I'd invite you to stop and consider the cost of a night of drinking versus paying full price to a hobby store and supporting a business that you obviously enjoy the fruits of. (Which again, go pre-order, TONS of them do discounts if they KNOW that they are selling a product!) Perhaps considering this matter from a different, less entitled perspective will ease some of your annoyance.

Look, that is a REALLY OLD beat to death argument, friend, everyone has their reasons on WHY they support their local B&M store, which IF they actually go to one, they should I agree. (and I use to go to one years ago, and I bought games from them when I did FWIW)

For people that do NOT go to a B&M store, it hardly makes any sense to go there and pay full price for a game.

--

I think you are missing the MAIN POINT of the whole thread. Its not about B&M stores, of which you are almost certainly an owner of. Its about why Canada is constantly getting the dirty end of the stick compared to the USA for delivery times and pricing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkenAngel wrote:
Hardly. But perhaps if you find yourself bothered by it you should look over the terms of import contracts, trade agreements and the like. You'll find that our government is its own worst enemy on things like that. Yes that's right, gamers and hobby enthusiasts suffer at the hands of politics!

While I know this to be true about our Government in many areas, I doubt it is much easier to import things into the USA, and in any case, this does not excuse Queen getting the game into Canada a full 2 weeks or more later than the USA since this is not the first time Queen has shipped games to Canada...

DarkenAngel wrote:
Sadly for all of us, Canada is a SMALLER MARKET. Smaller markets = less profit = less priority. That's business and economics in action.

Now you're hitting closer to home. Queen told us we are not important, and finally you see why I was 'thanking' Queen games, the way I was in the post you replied to

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkenAngel wrote:

About those earlier posts? You never answered Kim's question. Who in the US had it a week ago? As is so often said on the internet "screenshots/links or it didn't happen". Right now this just sounds like a lot of unsubstantiated whining.

I DID reply to her post, once again your reading skills are in question. I did not list specific stores, since I don't recall all the ones I called, Millennium in Rochester was one of them however.

Not just that, it is COMMON knowledge that USA stores had this game on Nov 21, maybe you just might want to read a little bit in the games forum before, you know, ASSuming silly things and making silly statements.

Since you seem troubled by this thread and its premise, I would welcome you to simply NOT participate in it and move on

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkenAngel wrote:

I can't help but laugh at your weakly veiled name calling. Alright Mr. Entitled Doucher

Nah, I know better and won't stoop down to that very immature level, which you have allowed yourself to go to.

Good thing you didn't use your "normal" account, since this one is already going to be tarnished for trolling the same day it was activated, the true reason it was created. They might just look up your IP address too and see you have multiple accounts, oops

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember - if you see something you want to react negatively to, flag it and forget it.

Using the icon serves two functions - first, if enough users flag a post then it will be collapsed from general view. Second, flagging posts helps bring them to the attention of the forum moderators.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.