7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Board game DESIGNER wanted to create short film prop rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Roberto
msg tools
Hello --

In February I am shooting an independent short film. An important prop for the shoot will be an original-looking board game, perhaps similar in overall concept to the old boardgame "LIFE."

I'm looking for an experienced board game designer to provide a turn-key service for a fee for their time. I provide the board game's name (as well as a logo based on that name), conceptual theme, basic rules, suggestions for symbols and motifs, then the designer/producer works with someone like www.thegamecrafter.com or equivalent to provide the physical elements, and deliver to me two identical, boxed board games, complete with appropriate (custom or generic?) game pieces, custom-printed dice, custom printed folding board, and custom-printed storage box, etc. ready for their close-up and ready for game action.

In addition to paying a fee for the designer's time, I will be paying for the physical materials, printing, etc.

Has to believably look like a board game you'd find in a mass market retail chain.

Where can I find such a designer/producer for a one-off project like this? This blog or somewhere else?

Any one have any ideas or suggestions? Contact info?

I'm a total newbie in this BoardGameGeek world, so bear with me.

Please drop me a Private Message if you have any suggestions or if your a designer who's interested in this project.

Thank you.

Bob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So you want someone to design for you a game and then provide 40$+ in printed game... For free? Or are you going to foot the bill for the two produced props?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Roberto
msg tools
That's what we call an Excellent Question. Thanks.

I should have spelled that out in my original post.

Yes, I would be paying the designer a fee (to be negotiated) for their time. I would be paying for the physical elements and printing, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, a roll and move game like life? I don't know about others, but that seems like a waste of talent in the boardgamegeek members that are designers. Sure would be easier than designing for the real gamers, but unless there is a bit of money involved, time could be used for something, dare I say, that would be much better for this society than mind-numbing luck-infested dice roll and move games - isn't there enough of these already?

why not ask for a designer to design some creation of their own and you can tack on the theme?ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I would suggest going through a professional print shop for this rather than thegamecrafter. If you're looking for a professional mass market look I don't think thegamecrafter would cut it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Roberto
msg tools
Great suggestions, guys. Thanks for educating a newbie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.