Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wayne Shepherdson
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played this way last week and it was fun. We played this with Thunderstone advance /doomgate legion/thornwood siege expansions so I'm not too sure how it worked in the base game alone. What we did was :

1- set up the table/board normally BUT without any heroes.

2- each player had a hand of 4 heroes.. choose 1 of them and remove it from game and pass the remaining 3 to the player on the left

3- choose the 1 hero for yourself and pass the remaining 2 to the player on the left

4- choose the 2nd hero for yourself.

5- get the remaining heroes together and randomly pick 2 for the board.

Basically, only you have access to the heroes you drafted and no one else can 'recruit your heroes'

Why this?
Basically the problem my group found with Thunderstone is that not much strategy is involved.

1- A number of times, the stronger players would get the same heroes and similar items as they can see easily see certain card combos available.

2- The 'stronger' players in the group can build his deck and everyone else can just 'see what that guy bought and do the same'. Thus, everyone would be doing a similar deck and gameplay. Further down the game, it all might all boil down to luck of the draw.

Drafting the heroes,
Everyone would basically look at the board/table, choose the heroes according to whats available on the board and come up with their own strategies/deck based on what heroes they have access to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an interesting idea and I've played Nightfall but with such a small set of Heroes, I wonder if the idea would be better applied to the larger set of Village cards. We could have each player draft 2 personal Village cards with 6 Village cards in the common area. This would have the desired effect of creating different valuations for the Heroes based on the personal Village cards that each player has.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.