Popular Tags: [View All]
Russ Camp
United States
Longview
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mind you this is part of a much larger project so bear with that.
This Expansion will have revised versions of House Ix, Landsraad, Bene Tleliax as well as the addition of new treachery cards, A secondary gameboard representing the Southern Polar Region, and a new optional mechanic of Kanly.

I present here the new faction the Iduali or Castout. Though mostly from the Children of Dune and Dune Messiah, I believe could be protrayed in the idea of the board game. they would most certainly be around scheming to get their revenge.

THE IDUALI
At Start
10 Army Tokens located at Jacurutu Sietch.
10 Army Tokens In Reserves.
3 Spice

BASIC POWERS:

Desert Creatures
Your Army Tokens may move an additional space per Manoeuvre.

Castout
You may use a special Deployment each and every time you may make a Shipment according to the rules.
You do not use the normal Shipping rule. You may not move onto Dune in any other way than this unless you gain an ability from some other source.
Your Deployment brings up to 2 of your reserves onto any territory Adjacent to a Stronghold Territory or 1 Army Token from your reserve into any single territory which is occupied by Iduali Army Tokens. You do not have to pay to Deploy Army Tokens from your reserve.

Sandriders
If Shai-Hulud affects a territory where you have Army Tokens, they are not devoured and, immediately upon conclusion of the Nexus Round, may move to any one territory on the board (subject to storm and occupancy limit rules).

Water Stealers*
When the Iduali win a battle the Iduali player gets Spice from the Spice bank equal to the total number of Army Tokens sent to the Tanks (both Enemy and Iduali), in addition to the Spice gained if the Enemy Leader is also sent to the Tanks.

Hunted
For each Iduali Army Token in any given territory, you may only take one Spice marker from said territory and add them to their reserves.
If you have at least one Harvester Bonus card, you may collect an additional Spice with each Army Token in any and all sectors (for a total of two Spice markers per Army Token).

Revenge
If no player has won by the end of the last turn and if you occupy more Sietchs (Jacurutu Sietch, Ceilago Sietch, Habbanya Ridge Sietch, Sietch Tabr & Tuek’s Sietch) than the Fremen player as well as occupy Sietch Tabr. You have seen your plans of Revenge to fruition and win a Victory by Subterfuge

ADVANCED RULES:

Masters of the Deep Desert
If caught in a Storm, you may choose to move your Army Tokens to any portion of the currently occupied territory which is not affected by the Storm.

We Have Your Water in Our Cup*
You may play a Karama Treachery Card during the Battle Round immediately after both players have committed forces but before Battle Resolution. The Enemy Leader is removed from the Battle and kept infront of the Iduali Player Shield. Resolve the Battle as if there was a Cheap Hero in the Removed Leader’s place. During the Collection Round, the Iduali player gets 1 Spice from the Spice bank for each Captured Leader in front of their Player Shield. They may instead send the Leader to the tank to collect Spice from the Spice Bank equal to their value. The Player with whom the Captured Leader is from may attempt to Bribe the Iduali Player for their Leader’s return.

* = This power may not be used if Namri is in the Tanks.

Leader Discs:
Namri - 10
Korba - 7
Javid - 5
Sabiha - 4
Iduali Smuggler - 3
Water Seller - 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn McMaster
Canada
flag msg tools
Board seems kinda dead these days. Huh. I'll look through your stuff and comment.

Quote:
Mind you this is part of a much larger project so bear with that.
This Expansion will have revised versions of House Ix, Landsraad, Bene Tleliax as well as the addition of new treachery cards, A secondary gameboard representing the Southern Polar Region, and a new optional mechanic of Kanly.

Interested in seeing all of this....

THE IDUALI

Your Army Tokens may move an additional space per Manoeuvre.

This is a Fremen power. Generally, every faction should have its own unique advantages.

Castout
You may use a special Deployment each and every time you may make a Shipment according to the rules.
You do not use the normal Shipping rule. You may not move onto Dune in any other way than this unless you gain an ability from some other source.
Your Deployment brings up to 2 of your reserves onto any territory Adjacent to a Stronghold Territory or 1 Army Token from your reserve into any single territory which is occupied by Iduali Army Tokens. You do not have to pay to Deploy Army Tokens from your reserve.

I could be wrong, but this advantage to be actually be a pretty serious disadvantage. You might want to change it to something like that the Iduali can designate their shipment to two locations and then choose which it actually was only when they have to.

Sandriders
If Shai-Hulud affects a territory where you have Army Tokens, they are not devoured and, immediately upon conclusion of the Nexus Round, may move to any one territory on the board (subject to storm and occupancy limit rules).

Fremen poower.

Water Stealers*
When the Iduali win a battle the Iduali player gets Spice from the Spice bank equal to the total number of Army Tokens sent to the Tanks (both Enemy and Iduali), in addition to the Spice gained if the Enemy Leader is also sent to the Tanks.

Ah, I see why the shipment disadvantage exists now - this power appears to be really strong. In practice though, the Iduali have to win the battle, and since they can only ship down in penny packets, winning the battle might prove to be very hard.

Hunted
For each Iduali Army Token in any given territory, you may only take one Spice marker from said territory and add them to their reserves.
If you have at least one Harvester Bonus card, you may collect an additional Spice with each Army Token in any and all sectors (for a total of two Spice markers per Army Token).

Meh.

Revenge
If no player has won by the end of the last turn and if you occupy more Sietchs (Jacurutu Sietch, Ceilago Sietch, Habbanya Ridge Sietch, Sietch Tabr & Tuek’s Sietch) than the Fremen player as well as occupy Sietch Tabr. You have seen your plans of Revenge to fruition and win a Victory by Subterfuge

The Fremen residual is hard enough to achieve as it is. This makes it even harder.

ADVANCED RULES:

[i]You may play a Karama Treachery Card during the Battle Round immediately after both players have committed forces but before Battle Resolution. The Enemy Leader is removed from the Battle and kept infront of the Iduali Player Shield. Resolve the Battle as if there was a Cheap Hero in the Removed Leader’s place. During the Collection Round, the Iduali player gets 1 Spice from the Spice bank for each Captured Leader in front of their Player Shield. They may instead send the Leader to the tank to collect Spice from the Spice Bank equal to their value. The Player with whom the Captured Leader is from may attempt to Bribe the Iduali Player for their Leader’s return.

Cool idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Camp
United States
Longview
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the Input!

I have played a couple games with the Iduali. most were 6 player games with Iduali replacing either House Corrino (Emperor) or Bene Gesserit. Found them to be a difficult play but if you can manage to get the right cards or get allied with Atreides it can be a power house for sure.

On the point of the Sandriders and Maneuver rules.. They are Fremen.. The Iduali are basically a Tribe that would abduct the Fremen of other Stetches and steal their water (put them in condensers alive much like Korba in Children of Dune) the Tribe was though to have been destroyed but later it was discovered they simply went into hiding.
I did try to remove them from Fremen as much as possible. I decided to keep the Sand Riders rule in place as this would give them a reason to be targeting fremen as that rule tends to have the Fremen player constantly on the hunt for spice. Less for a needs and more for transportation. (atleast in my games)

On the castout rule.. we have found something similar to your thoughts.. its a very trickle in kind of mechanic and it requires a lot of planning to battle and win.. more so than most.. additionally a single surprise during a battle such as a traitor propping up and causing a total loss or a Lasgun/Shield effectively puts you out of the game for upwards of 5 turns if you were dedicated to it. One person in my online test group had the idea of using a blind marker or multiple for the Iduali forces.. i.e. Say I have a force of 5 tokens.. the tokens would remain infront of my screen with a Counter on them saying say "A". Then on the board I would have counters corresponding to "A" and their may be say 2 or 3 of them.. when I move a single counter for "A" I move them all. on the underside of one of the counters is a Star and that represents the real force. Mind you it would have to be reworded but I think this could be an interesting way of doing things.

At the moment we are still working on Landsraad more as we put Iduali on hold as the concept is pretty solid in our minds. Landsraad really needs some working so it isn't so god aweful powerful on the board in both politics and military might.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
I've been considering making a homebrew version of the Iduali ever since Ilya released the expansion artwork with enough unit silhouettes to make a fourth "extra" faction. As such, I find this variant very interesting.

I'm cool with them sharing a few powers in common with the Fremen, since they are, as you say, an outcast tribe of Fremen living in hiding on Dune.

I don't have any real input right now, but I look forward to further developments in this thread. I'm also excited to see what other homebrew rules you have for that other stuff you mention.

I always like reading new versions of the "classic" expansion factions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Costin Becheanu
msg tools
mb
Servius1983 wrote:
Thanks for the Input!

I have played a couple games with the Iduali. most were 6 player games with Iduali replacing either House Corrino (Emperor) or Bene Gesserit. Found them to be a difficult play but if you can manage to get the right cards or get allied with Atreides it can be a power house for sure.

On the point of the Sandriders and Maneuver rules.. They are Fremen.. The Iduali are basically a Tribe that would abduct the Fremen of other Stetches and steal their water (put them in condensers alive much like Korba in Children of Dune) the Tribe was though to have been destroyed but later it was discovered they simply went into hiding.
I did try to remove them from Fremen as much as possible. I decided to keep the Sand Riders rule in place as this would give them a reason to be targeting fremen as that rule tends to have the Fremen player constantly on the hunt for spice. Less for a needs and more for transportation. (atleast in my games)

On the castout rule.. we have found something similar to your thoughts.. its a very trickle in kind of mechanic and it requires a lot of planning to battle and win.. more so than most.. additionally a single surprise during a battle such as a traitor propping up and causing a total loss or a Lasgun/Shield effectively puts you out of the game for upwards of 5 turns if you were dedicated to it. One person in my online test group had the idea of using a blind marker or multiple for the Iduali forces.. i.e. Say I have a force of 5 tokens.. the tokens would remain infront of my screen with a Counter on them saying say "A". Then on the board I would have counters corresponding to "A" and their may be say 2 or 3 of them.. when I move a single counter for "A" I move them all. on the underside of one of the counters is a Star and that represents the real force. Mind you it would have to be reworded but I think this could be an interesting way of doing things.

At the moment we are still working on Landsraad more as we put Iduali on hold as the concept is pretty solid in our minds. Landsraad really needs some working so it isn't so god aweful powerful on the board in both politics and military might.

I've been fiddling with the idea of Iduali in the game for a while now, but only got around to laying out a few ideas today.
After I had done a bit of tinkering with their powers, I came around this thread and saw the "hidden movement" mechanic you describe.
I've put together a set of cards for the exact same purpose, only the whole thing is even more elusive than the tokens as I intend not to place any pieces on the board until needed or triggered somehow - still churning out the details.
Also thinking of having them not able to form or join alliances, but the thought just sprung that they weren't all that alone in their struggle.

But it's awesome to see another shade of that stealth thought put into the game like this. After all, nobody knew whiskey tango foxtrot they were so they have to have this well represented in the game.

Also, how do you deal with a Shai-Hulud in a territory that is shared by both Fremen and Iduali? Spontaneous Battle between the two? Stillsuit parade? Worm-riding contest?

Really looking forward to your Landsraad, Tleilax and IX as I'm planning on going balls to the wall with this game and a 10-way showdown would be the best way to go about it. Well, I guess it could all crash and burn, but it'd still be worth it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJ
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was this Iduali faction idea ever explored further or the map with the southern polar region made public? I'm interested in a possible 10th faction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Camp
United States
Longview
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RJ: It got put on a back burner as unfortunately I had a move to the Pacific Northwest back at the beginning of the year.. I am building a new core group of gamers and have printed up a new Dune game. Ill try to keep on this RJ.

So far the Polar Region has yet to be done past a simple image. It also needs quite a bit as far as balancing to be done.

Costin: We never had the issue.. as with Sandriders. the Effect happens in the Spice Blow Phase. which is before movement. Based on that, Iduali and Fremen tokens would never be coexisting in the same space when a Shai-Hulud card is drawn or Thumper is played. I believe I am correct on that. I know the issue never came up in testing.

As far as things go, Following the move the majority of my notes are lost luckily, alot of the conversations with my playtesters is saved on my cloud!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJ
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've been thinking of creating my own version of the Iduali faction to suit my own versions of the extra Dune factions, which differ a bit from the ones that Russ has said he uses in his own mix.

With the Iduali in particular, I wanted to distance them from the rules that govern the Fremen mechanically, but give them alternate powers that still make them feel like natives of Arrakis, insofar as surviving the local dangers (coriolis storm, sandworms).

Here's what I've come up with, with the caveat that these have not been playtested as of this writing. I want to get some feedback first. This will also be using the standard Dune map, so as to make this faction readily playable with an unaltered map.

THE IDUALI

At Start
May Opt to have 20 tokens start on the Far Side of Dune

OR

May split up to 4 tokens between the following territories:
Imperial Basin, Bight of the Cliff, Pasty Mesa, Habbanya Ridge Flat.

3 Spice.

Revival Rate: 2
Spoiler (click to reveal)
While they technically are Fremen, I believe that those who would be identified as Iduali are a minority of the Fremen race. Therefore, they should not step on the toes of the Fremen revival rate, which should only be equaled by the Bene Tleilaxu (if you're like me and prefer a BT variant that supports tokens).

Starting in a desert territory can be tricky, and if the starting storm position moves onto the chosen set up space, the token(s) will start in the tanks. Tough break, but no one will weep for these water thieves. The starting positions allow the Iduali to start being effective thieves from the beginning of the game, but at the cost of exposing themselves to early game hunting parties.

BASIC POWERS:

Fade into the Desert
At the end of the Collection Phase, one Iduali stack may make a free move to an unoccupied territory of up to two spaces away.

This is my nod to having Fremen-like movement abilities without copying the exact ability of the Fremen. This has the added bonus of marrying well with the Poachers Iduali power. It also allows them to collect spice blows and then get away from the territory before a worm comes along and eats them. I believe it will give the Iduali their own 'flavor' of movement, but doesn't give them the offensive punch that the Fremen sandworm riding does. It forces the Iduali to work from the edges of society and lurk near but not on top of other factions. Until they are ready to deliberately strike, of course.

Castouts from Jacurutu

You do not pay spice to ship your tokens to Dune. You may make up to three shipments per turn instead of the standard one. With each shipment, you may only ship a maximum of one token. You may only ship to territories adjacent to the edge of the map. You may make multiple shipments into the same territory.

This is a weak shipment restriction, certainly limiting the Iduali to a slow and exposed build up. Again, this feels necessary for theme, and the weakness will hopefully be counterbalanced by the Iduali's other abilities.

Poachers

At the end of the Collection Round, each stack of Iduali that is adjacent to an unallied faction's stack may steal one spice token from that faction and add it to the Iduali's spice cache. Each Iduali stack may only target one particular faction, but multiple Iduali stacks may target the same faction stack. This ability may not be used out of or into the Polar Sink.

If the target faction stack was not in a stronghold, send one of the tokens in that stack to the tanks. (Note: BG co-existence does not prevent any aspect of the Poachers power.)

I view this stealing ability as a fundamental crux of the Iduali identity. Thematically, they are kidnapping people they find out on the desert and rendering them for their water. The ability is not only financially annoying, but allows the Iduali to have an offensive ability without even having to enter battle. Naturally, this will make the unwary Iduali player a hated target, but again, I believe this fits their theme. If they can find a sympathetic ally to bankroll them, they should have the survivability to put this power to good use or at least make a threat of it. This also combines with their combat power...

Water Thieves

When the Iduali win a battle, the Iduali gain spice from the spice bank equal to the number of army tokens sent to the tanks from both sides of the battle. This is in addition to the spice gained from slain leaders.

Incredibly lucrative potential for winning combat. Makes the Iduali even more fearsome if they're allowed to congregate and go unchecked for too long out in the desert fringe.

The Forgotten Sietch

If unallied, and in control of either Sietch Tabr or Habbanya Ridge Sietch, the Iduali require only 2 strongholds to qualify for a solo victory.

Given the difficulties of the Iduali to get a foothold, and their significant shipping restrictions, this special ability makes their chances of gaining a solo victory better.

A Debt of Water

The first time the Fremen and Iduali become allied, a random leader from each faction is selected from these factions' remaining leaders and discarded to the tanks. When allied, Iduali tokens count as Fremen tokens for the purpose of the Fremen end of game victory.

Thematically, these two factions don't get along, but the nice thing about this is that it's paying a cost for an actual benefit - these two factions together make the Fremen end game hold out victory potentially easier to gain, and makes the left board sietches more of an interesting battleground.

ADVANCED POWERS:

We Have Your Water in Our Cup

You may play a Karama Treachery Card during the Battle Round immediately after both players have committed forces but before Battle Resolution. The Enemy Leader is removed from the Battle and kept infront of the Iduali Player Shield. Resolve the Battle as if there was a Cheap Hero in the Removed Leader’s place. During the Collection Round, the Iduali player gets 1 Spice from the Spice bank for each Captured Leader in front of their Player Shield. They may instead send the Leader to the tank to collect Spice from the Spice Bank equal to their value. The Player with whom the Captured Leader is from may attempt to Bribe the Iduali Player for their Leader’s return.

This was a fun idea and is completely as Servius1983 had in his original version. Keeps up with the kidnapping theme.

Despised Criminals

A Karama may be played to cancel either the Iduali "Poachers" power for a Turn, or to cancel their "Water Thieves" ability for one battle.

Leader Discs
Faction Leader, Namri 10 (7)*

Korba 7
Javid 5
Sabiha 4
Farok 3
Water Seller 1

Happy to hear what the community thinks of this revision. Does this faction seem viable? Do they need something more?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Camp
United States
Longview
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rjphelan wrote:

At Start
May Opt to have 20 tokens start on the Far Side of Dune

OR

May split up to 4 tokens between the following territories:
Imperial Basin, Bight of the Cliff, Pasty Mesa, Habbanya Ridge Flat.

3 Spice.

Great Idea. Though I think that in practice You will see them in either Pasty Mesa or Imperial Basin.. The Fremen can, depending on how the Spice blows go and how active the other players are chasing spice... end up being poor as crap leaving Habbanya and Bight less valuable starting out where as imperial will allow you to sap off of the spice wealth of Atreides and Harkonnen and Mesa sap off the Guild. But I like the idea Great For the fact of an unaltered board as well.

rjphelan wrote:

Revival Rate: 2

Understand your reasoning.. I took their Revival rate as less in the fact they are fremen in more in the fact that you arent really reviving them.. you are simply using the mechanic for balance sake. They are simply replaced by others in the tribe. where as the other players (minus BT and Fremen) would be purchasing replacement or gholas of their past armies from the BT.

rjphelan wrote:

Starting in a desert territory can be tricky, and if the starting storm position moves onto the chosen set up space, the token(s) will start in the tanks. Tough break, but no one will weep for these water thieves. The starting positions allow the Iduali to start being effective thieves from the beginning of the game, but at the cost of exposing themselves to early game hunting parties.

Totally agree. As I said above. I think we both are thinking the same thing.. but you could also use the abilitys to force out one of those parties weakening a power early.

rjphelan wrote:

Fade into the Desert

Consider this stolen I do like it... It is nice additionally it makes them effectively have a 3 movement... And if allied with Atreides they could know the whereabouts of the next blow and get there to collect it.

rjphelan wrote:

Castouts from Jacurutu

I would have to play it a few times... but I don't think this is as bad as you may think.. As far as collecting Spice from Blows it is a huge bonus. Part of the reason that Cielago South has the largest blow is the relative isolation of the Territory.. Again though I would have to play it to see... I do know from playing mine. "Castout" can be mitigated by careful planning, but that it is a clear negative that requires some inventive tactics to overcome.

rjphelan wrote:

Poachers

Interesting.. I see a problem.. This ability and the Fade into the Desert rule both happen at the end of the Collection Phase.. You may want to consider moving poachers to the beginning of the turn.. This remove any confusion as to which happens first. If you intend for the player to choose keep it as is but place a note at the end of Fade saying that You may conduct the Poachers ability either before or after this special movement.

I think the idea is good.. I would say that It always simply send a token from the chosen adjacent territory to the tank and you receive 1 spice. regardless of the location. but cap it at 1 time per turn instead of being able to do it many times.. I can see massive abuses on some territories like an enemy in Pasty Mesa getting raped by 3 Iduali (Minor Erg, Shield Wall and South Mesa). But I would play it as is a couple times to see if this can be easily managed in a game.

rjphelan wrote:

Water Thieves

We found in testing that this rule worked well but was almost a coinflip.. as you would have to dedicate so much to battle, unless you had insider info on the enemy there was a decent chance it could put you out of the game for a good 5 turns or longer. Generally I like it and fine it fits their desperate fight theme

rjphelan wrote:

The Forgotten Sietch

Hrm... I think this would be too easy based on the fact that you can start outside a Stronghold that starts out unoccupied.. you could effectively get a turn 1 win depending on the right circumstances happening. Mind you it does involve Stoneburner as your starting card.
I think that altering the Win Conditions should be based on if additional strongholds are in use. otherwise it should be a win by subterfuge. Maybe if they control both for an entire turn.. say Storm Round to Storm Round they win VIA Subterfuge.. I will agree that my Subterfuge win is very difficult and only really screws with the Fremen's ability to win.. but I think it fits the theme.

rjphelan wrote:

A Debt of Water

The premise is great, I like how it could definately move the center of battle away from the big cities and into the south were movement is slow.. especially after a Family Atomics has gone off..

rjphelan wrote:

We Have Your Water in Our Cup

I am flattered Sir that you kept this. It was the mechanic I was truly proud of. In practice is has been considered on the par of annoying as the Harkonnen Karama and the Guild Karama. but not broken. Generally, it gets used to force the opponent to bribe them back to their side. It can also be used to keep an enemy from reviving leaders from the tanks. Definitely has some tactical uses and is a huge play in the psychology of the opponents.

rjphelan wrote:

Farok 3

Consider Stolen.....

rjphelan wrote:

Does this faction seem viable? Do they need something more?

Very Much so.. They will need some playing through to iron out but are pretty darn solid, well thought out from what I am seeing. I would love to play them if you do a PBF with them anytime soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJ
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding Iduali setup:

Yes, the Pasty Mesa and Imperial Basin are safer starting spots. But I wanted to give them the option of having a presence near the two 'Fremen' sietches, particularly because of the win and special alliance conditions that make that area of the map more interesting to the Iduali.

Regarding revival rate and accompanying theme:

I don't always view the spice paid to revive units as meaning the literal buying of ghola armies from the Bene Tleilaxu. More than likely, its things like biomechanical implants such as the Tleilaxu metallic eyes that aid with troop recovery. Gholas are expensive at least by my reading of the books. I view the revival rate as indicative of the time and effort it would take to get troops back into action under a particular faction's banner on Dune itself. For the Fremen, there are just so many of them and they are already planetside and that's why they get 3 free revival.

The Iduali are planetside, but much fewer in number and less organized than their brethren. If they need to hastily add to their number, I imagine they would need to pay spice to grease some palms and corrupt some minds. So that's how I justify it. It's an effort to keep the Fremen as the best revival rate.

Regarding Poachers:

Definitely would need to be playtested as written. My prediction though is that a bunch of small stacks of Iduali are just begging to be squashed by Harkonnen hunting parties or really anyone who wants to render Iduali leadership for their water. So I can't see that many stacks out there and it is meant to be the Iduali way of gaining spice - taking it from others.

As an alternative, or perhaps even in addition to, I could see this ability as being able to take unclaimed spice from an adjacent space as well (so if a spice blow has gone ignored or not fully claimed, the Iduali could drain the stack little by little.)

This spice collection is especially important for my preferred playstyle, which is to always play with advanced combat rules. Having played both ways, I can't imagine playing with basic combat. A personal preference thing, but it makes me consider how a faction is going to gain crucial spice, and so I'd like the Iduali to have a higher potential than merely 1 spice per turn.

Regarding The Forgotten Sietch:

Yes, it makes Iduali solo victory on turn 1 theoretically possible. But so is a Harkonnen Turn 1 victory, and playing with people who know what they're doing, it's pretty easy to block it.

Also, the fact that I always play wiht Advanced Spice Combat makes it even less likely that the Iduali will have the resources to manage a fight for two sietches early on. I predict that they will have to collect and steal spice for a while before they can properly achieve their goals. Late game, it would certainly be something to be feared, which is something that I see as a feature, not a flaw.

Would like to playtest it and see how it goes. I think it also makes a potential Fremen ally a bit nervous about letting the Iduali into one of those Sietch strongholds. It would mean living on a knife's edge if suddenly the alliance falls apart and the water thieves go for a sudden win.

---

A PBF game sounds good. But I won't be able to get involved with another one anytime soon, especially not as a moderator. I'd love to playtest this and my modified version of Glenn's Bene Tleilaxu as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.