Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian Blanco
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's be honest: most of the board games available on Tanga are not exactly the Hotness. I've purchased and even enjoyed my fair share of Tanga games, but it's quite different to "throw" $10 away on a game I don't know than $50+ for a Tanga copy of WotR. Part of the fun of the site is taking risks and seeing what arrives, and $10 makes that easy.

So, does anyone have a guess as to why WotR is being sold on Tanga? Is it not as good as it appears? Did the publisher make too many copies? Is this some sort of special distribution deal? Just curious here...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Tanga used to have really good deals on real boardgames fairly often. The site's changed quite a bit though.

They probably just set up some kind of deal for a whole bunch of wotr. It's not even an amazing deal, but probably cheaper single than shipping it from csi or something.

WOTR is an absolutely amazing game and deserves it's very high rank here. You're not taking a risk by buying it if it's the kind of game you enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
I had not realized that tanga's brand had become so poisonous. shake

Don't let the "Board Game Rank: 189" fool you, recently War of the Ring (Second Edition) was [foolishly] separated from War of the Ring (First Edition), which is "Board Game Rank: 21". I imagine the entrees will be merged in a few years just like Railroad Tycoon and Railways of the World were merged a weeks ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob W
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, once I add the $7.99 shipping to the Tanga price of $53.99, I get $61.98, which is pretty much identical to the Amazon price which includes free shipping.

It's a great game; don't hesitate to buy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Blanco
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcadious wrote:
I had not realized that tanga's brand had become so poisonous. shake

Well, it appears that the games there are often overstocked games that didn't sell well, most likely for the reason that they aren't very good. I'm glad that's not the case here, and people shouldn't take this as a wholesale dig on Tanga. Just that I take more time to educate myself about the games there nowadays.

Thanks for the responses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfotunately , we did not overestimate the print run.

Ares has already sold out of WOTR twice in less than one year, and we're out of stock again (the next reprint will come in Spring 2013).

Maybe Tanga overstocked themselves (we don't have any relationship with them, so we cannot know for ), but as other people noted already, Tanga's pricing on this game is not different from the price you can find from other online sources.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.