BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Community » BoardGameGeek Community

Subject: Dominion Storage Solution (Cheap!) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Skye Lininger
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
It may be that others have come up with a similar solution, but I haven't seen it in other posts, so my wife encouraged me to post this note. In looking for a good way to cart around and store all the Dominion expansions, I wasn't able to find a solution that would hold everything without being overly bulky (foam inserts) or heavy (made of wood).

I bought a four bay collector card box at the local game store that holds all eight Dominion sets, promo cards, mats and tokens, randomizer cards, two sets of coins/victory points/curses (from Base and Intrigue), and still have room left over for Guilds when it comes out. The instruction manuals go on top of all the cards and the lid fits snugly. It weighs only a bit more than the cards themselves.

I used this file (http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/64912/hgzwopjps-dominion-s...) for tabs (one for each type of card, including artwork and explanation). I downloaded the file (use the "vertical" one), printed it on heavy card stock, and went to work on it with a paper cutter. I then inserted each tab into a plastic card sleeve to form dividers between each set of cards. I also cut some sheets of sturdy model plastic to form dividers for each expansion (although a person could put everything in alpha order and then not need the plastic dividers).

That's it. A few hours of time and about $10 in materials. It works great. It is very easy to find the kingdom cards you're looking for, easy to put away, and it's all in one place.

Attached is a photo. I'd appreciate it if you would provide feedback if you try this out or if you've come up with something better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bull
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work.

I found a sturdy box that was just the right size for two columns of cards and great for easy transportation.

They are 1.75 litre Really Useful Boxes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fair
United States
Damascus
MD
flag msg tools
designer
Or maybe PowerGrid?
badge
Yeah, that's me. Handsome devil, I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my Dominion Storage... Room for all the expansions, player boards, metal bits, etc. Nice and sturdy, and each expansion fits in it's own mini-box (sleeved in differently colored backs, all 10/12 cards to a sleeve).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.