Zach Zahos
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone, time for my second foamcore project! This time I've decided to do a boardgaming surface that allows me to move an in progress board game, but is also collapsable for storage/transport.
Note: If you'd like to check out my last project, I made a Custom Foamcore Carcassonne Insert (Image Heavy).

I really wanted something 3'x3' made from 1'x1' pieces, but since the foamcore I get at Michaels comes in 20"x30" boards, I decided to go for a 30"x30" board made from 10"x10" pieces. So I plotted out the design:


I thought a bit about how big I wanted to make the edges that slot together and finally decided on 1". So I drew out my cutting lines and cut up the boards:


I then proceded to glue all the pieces together. I had picked up spray adhesive for this part, but it was cold and dark outside so I sat down to watch some TV while I painted on Elmers glue with a sponge brush. After a while, and a couple screw ups, everything was glued!


I was really excited to see how it worked out, so I put it together. Took me a little bit longer to put together then I had hoped, but now that I know the technique it shouldn't be too bad:


And here is a picture of all the tiles stacked up:


I'm not sure what I want to do to finished this off. I think I'm going to leave it as is for now and get some use out of it, but I do want to do something eventually.

Thanks, and I hope you enjoyed this!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.