Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am BATMAN!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I read the answer to this question somewhere (either the FAQ or somewhere on this thread, but I cannot remember the answer or find it again.

What happens to the adventure token for a given action type (build, gather, explore) if Friday takes that action alone? Does Friday just take a wound as he normally does if a ? occurs and the token is removed? The rules say that a card MUST be drawn, but in Friday's case, no card is drawn, so I am trying to understand what happens to the adventure token in this case. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fabrice prin
France
Paris
Ile de France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday takes a wound and you remove the token.

So if you roll a wound and a "?" Friday will take two wounds and you'll remove the token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am BATMAN!
mbmbmbmbmb
fagasha wrote:

So if you roll a wound and a "?" Friday will take two wounds and you'll remove the token.

That seems odd? As the rulebook points out you would never have 2 "adventures", the token only guarantees you will have one. Do you have a link or reference to something in the rulebook that points out what you are saying?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Holzer
Austria
Innsbruck
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
fagasha wrote:

Not true. Friday takes only one wound.
When you take a playeers pawn there you also only take one adventure card and discard the ? token, no matter what the die say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fabrice prin
France
Paris
Ile de France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems logical to me, but maybe I'm wrong.

When I resolve dices I do it this way : wound - success - ? as explained page 10 of the rulebook.

So if I want to build something with Friday only and if there's a ? on the building cards I roll the action dices. There's in this case only one token, the "?".

If the result is : Wound - Success - ?, I apply the wound, build the item and a second wound for the "?".

Why roll the action dice for Friday if you can't apply all effects ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Holzer
Austria
Innsbruck
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Your example is correct. But if there is a ?-token you discard that token.

Result: wound-success-0 Friday also gets two wounds and the ?-token is discarded.
Result: 0-success-0 Friday also gets one wound and the ?-token is discarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fabrice prin
France
Paris
Ile de France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you are right. I've forgotten to write in my example that the token is discarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Holzer
Austria
Innsbruck
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
fagasha wrote:

So if I want to build something with Friday only and if there's a ? on the building cards I roll the dices. There's in this case only one token, the "?".

You dont roll the dices cause of the ?-token. Rolling the dice has nothing to do with the ?-token.
If you assigned two pawns to the action you don't roll the dice, take no wound, have a success and draw an adventure card (or take a wound when you assigned friday with an additional non-player pawn).
If you assigned one pawn to the action you roll the dice, take a wound or not, have a success or determination tokens and draw an adventure card (or take a wound when you assigned friday with an additional non-player pawn).

In every case, you discard the ?-token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fabrice prin
France
Paris
Ile de France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
René, I had written in my example "if I want to build something with Friday only", meaning only one pawn and a dice roll...

But You are right it could be understood that I roll dice because of the "?"...

I don't write a lot in english, that's why I' can be unclear sometimes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Holzer
Austria
Innsbruck
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
fagasha wrote:
René, I had written in my example "if I want to build something with Friday only", meaning only one pawn and a dice roll...

But You are right it could be understood that I roll dice because of the "?"...

I don't write a lot in english, that's why I' can be unclear sometimes.

Ah ok...no your english is fine...but i should improve my reading
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Louallen Jr.
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So just to be clear...if I do, for example, a exploration action with Friday and the dog, so guaranteed, but there is a (?) token. He gets the wound and the (?) token is removed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
black dog
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.