Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am BATMAN!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played this game a few times now, and every time it has been very difficult to keep track of wounds without them getting moved due to a bump of the table or something else.

To solve this issue I was thinking it would be cool to have some kind of dial to track health (like the dials FFG uses in Xwing & such). I have zero graphic design ability, but I would be the first one to PnP these if someone designed them. (Would be super cool if they were just included in a future expansion after this game makes the designer super rich )

Also welcome to any other ideas about tracking health as I would love a simple solution as this is the only real complaint i have about the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Pirciu
Netherlands
Hoofddorp
North Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maybe a paperclip used instead of the wound cube?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holger Doessing
Denmark
Odense
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adixor wrote:

This is an excellent idea. I recall this DIY thread, where various solutions to health bars were discussed.

I recently mounted printouts of the character sheets onto illustration boards in the hope that the extra heft of the boards would make the setup more stable. It didn't work (the printouts turned out to have a slightly more slippery surface than the original prints, which overall negated my efforts), so now I'm thinking about putting a piece of magnetic tape in the board before covering it and using small metal rings to highlight the health level (see Queen's Necklace for an example).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the way that Clash of Cultures does this with the punchouts on the player boards should be the norm for this kind of thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to dissuade you, but I wanted to point out that you can buy things like this, e.g.: http://www.litko.net/products/Casualty%7B47%7DDamage-Token-D...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are pretty sweet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah we encountered this as well so I'll have to agree a solution is needed.

adixor wrote:

Trouble I see here is damaging the character sheet otherwise would be good for sure.

Several small cubes are what are needed I think, not just one. So if anything gets bumped, you can easily put them back into place.

If anyone knows Zev from Z-man please offer him this as solution for the reprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg R.
United States
Indian Trail
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I borrowed the experience slider from my copy of Zombicide to keep track of health. I don't know where to get these separately so if someone knows post here please. It works really well and stays put unlike the cubes. It also helps if you laminate the character sheets because the slider will put wear marks on the bare paper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Pitman
Scotland
Glasgow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jayjonbeach wrote:
Several small cubes are what are needed I think, not just one. So if anything gets bumped, you can easily put them back into place.

I have the same problem of the cube nudge, especially when playing with my young children. I have just ordered 50 red cubes and will use them fill the wound track up with wounds as we go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Masson
United States
Yuma
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a huge problem for me. Was thinking of solutions to this issue.

1. Try and find a 1cm square hole punch and take thick card stock and make holes in it and glue it to character sheets. Something similar to Clash of Cultures.

Problem with this is that the hearts printed on the health sheet are too close together. The damn cube (0.9cm) is too big for the existing track. This problem is even worse with the Friday card.

Maybe I won't be able to save the artwork and just have this as a floating tray thing that fits on top of existing track.

2. Cut 2 thick cardstock strips and glue them above and below the health track to make a "rail road." The health cube fits inside the rails and slides horizontally. This would protect against vertical bumps but not horizontal ones. Well, maybe it would minimize effects of horizontal bumps.

3. As previously stated get a bunch of health cubes and remove them as injured, a little too messy for me. Maybe tiny heart tokens instead. Even then they would probably still be prone to bumping if they weren't heavy and have a rough bottom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.