Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
StinkyHarry wrote:
What - NEVER? This doesn't seem quite right to me. Have I got this wrong?

Never say NEVER!

I believe the original designers just considered the 6 o'clock approach to include the 7:30 and 4:30 for ease and space of design. Never thinking the game would develop a Role Playing aspect that the internet has given this GREAT game.

If you go to the previous Play by Forum mission (115) you will get a glimpse of a variant I have been working for a few years now. This is a random placement system that incorporates the two angles you are currently missing. I have it in final playtesting and look to have it posted sometime in the first three months of 2013. It was delayed as I received new historical information that I'm currently trying to fit into the system.

The Schweinfurt chart is NOT for the basic rules and will be way to deadly for the time period this original game was set. So just view it as a sneak peek of what is to come. Also the fighter mix is very different from the base game too.

Jim P cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Barrett
United Kingdom
Hessle
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right. Will take a peek. Thanks for the insights. I had wondered whether there was something about these attack positions which was particularly inadvisable, from the fighter's point of view - in which case, the B-17 might catch the odd lucky break from some Luftwaffe 'rookie' who could be summarily dealt with. Thanks again for the comment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Barrett
United Kingdom
Hessle
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep up the good work! Great quality contributions to the depth of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yves Wouters
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jasta6 wrote:
StinkyHarry wrote:
What - NEVER? This doesn't seem quite right to me. Have I got this wrong?

Never say NEVER!

Maybe these can help(and indeed;it is getting crouded on a board including those two directions )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Spak
United States
Spencer
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jasta6 wrote:
I believe the original designers just considered the 6 o'clock approach to include the 7:30 and 4:30 for ease and space of design.

See, I always learn stuff around here. Since forever, I just assumed that 4:30 & 7:30 were rolled into the 3 and 9 o'clock attack positions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
craig grinnell
United States
speer
Illinois
flag msg tools
Screaming Eagle and Damn Proud of it!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
But what about 8:19 or 4:08 or 18:00 (they attack only on the way back)...

How about an attack from pi???

Levity, she be needed in my day today, so this thread gets it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yves Wouters
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grinnell1969 wrote:
But what about 8:19 or 4:08 or 18:00

18:00 is already in the Original game,known as 6:00

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
craig grinnell
United States
speer
Illinois
flag msg tools
Screaming Eagle and Damn Proud of it!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
yves wouters wrote:
grinnell1969 wrote:
But what about 8:19 or 4:08 or 18:00

18:00 is already in the Original game,known as 6:00

No no noooo. 18:00 is the 6:00 for the last half of the day, which is why an "18:00 attack" only happens on the last half of the mission
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.