Chris Franka
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
CSI just ran a promo for 10% off everything on their website for whatever you call the holiday that the post-Thanksgiving weekend shopping frenzy has become. 10% off EVERYTHING. I thought this had to be a mistake, that it only applied to a lot of slow-moving items or some other restriction that wasn't immediately obvious. So I searched on the website....nope, no restrictions. Just put the code in and enjoy 10% off in addition to the standard loyalty discount and the fact that their prices are already amongst the lowest available among online retailers.

Well, I had a preorder with lots of stuff from back in September (including things like the Eclipse expansion and the Mage Knight expansion). I figured that the 10% discount probably wouldn't apply to the preorder since I didn't actually place the order DURING the sale. I figured that reordering everything and then cancelling the old order might be necessary to get the discount, so I wrote CSI a letter asking if I could take advantage of the discount by cancelling the preorder and then reordering things so it would count as a purchase during the sale. I then went about creating an order duplicating all my items...

...until I got to the Eclipse expansion. It's no longer available for preorder. They apparently have presold enough of their allocation of the expansion that they can't reliably take more orders now. Well, I figured I could reorder the stuff that WAS available for order, leaving only items in the original order that were now listed as being out of stock (the other item being some UltraPro sleeves for 7 Wonders). However, splitting my order like this would then drop my original order below $100 and cause me to incur shipping charges, but quick math revealed that 10% off the new order would cover those shipping charges and still would save me money in addition to that.

So I did all of that. Later tonight, though, I just got an email from CSI saying, "We applied the 10% off to your entire original preorder and refunded the money to your credit card." Just like that--no questions, no having to cancel and reorder some items to make the order technically within the sale window, nothing. Easy as pie. I just asked and they helped me without any fuss.

CSI has always ALWAYS had excellent customer service in my experience. They have always responded to my emails quickly and have always helped me out with order adjustments when I needed to cancel something or add something in. These guys are absolutely top-notch professional, and they've got me as a customer for life because of their customer service (and their prices).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Seymour
United States
Pittsfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's cool! ...err Cool...Stuff... Seriously though, I've had no problems with them and they seem to be a stand up company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Moratti
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm--interesting. I just added something to a pre-order an got the 10% off the item but nothing further. This is a bit troubling....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Koeppen
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
LEGO: Hopeful for new 'Castle' sets in 2015!
badge
Games: Regarding my favorite theme of 'Fantasy', I'm hoping for fewer 'card' games and more 'board' games.
mbmbmbmbmb
bigtex01 wrote:
Just put the code in and enjoy 10% off in addition to the standard loyalty discount

Hmm, are you sure about this? When I checked this out it only had a quote for 10% off and said discounts don't stack, so it didn't include my loyalty discount. CSI also said on Facebook the 10% replaced the loyalty discounts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
LegoRick wrote:
bigtex01 wrote:
Just put the code in and enjoy 10% off in addition to the standard loyalty discount

Hmm, are you sure about this? When I checked this out it only have a quote for 10% off and said discounts don't stack, so it didn't include my loyalty discount. CSI also said on Facebook the 10% replaced the loyalty discounts.

Yep, me too. In fact, the first time I viewed my cart, it applied my loyalty discount (less than 10%), and then when I refreshed it, it applied the 10% discount. It's one or the other, not both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Fraga
United States
Lakewood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cory and CSI are the best!!! They always get back to me right away and do what they can towards discounts and loyalty. Excellent customer service! Great buying experience always. TY Cory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LegoRick wrote:
bigtex01 wrote:

Hmm, are you sure about this? When I checked this out it only had a quote for 10% off and said discounts don't stack, so it didn't include my loyalty discount. CSI also said on Facebook the 10% replaced the loyalty discounts.

He actually placed the order back in September, where he probably got the loyalty discount. To make things easier, they may have just given him 10% that order, as oppossed to the difference.

Jorune

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
LegoRick wrote:
bigtex01 wrote:

Yeah, it wouldn't stack with my loyalty discount either, not that I was terribly annoyed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Butterfield
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 10% and the loyalty discount were both automatically applied on my order for whatever reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thee Insidius Doktor Glaze & His Sidekick Donut Boy with the Amazing Monkeytime Dancers Ooh!
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I_have_heard_the_mermaids_singing,_each_to_each. I_do_not_think_that_they_will_sing_to_me... We_have_lingered_in_the_chambers_of_the_sea By_sea_girls_wreathed_with_seaweed_red_and_brown Till_human_voices_wake_us,_and_we_drown
mbmbmbmbmb
How did one qualify for the loyalty discount?

I've sold to them this year, but not bought from them yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
dr glaze et al wrote:
How did one qualify for the loyalty discount?

I've sold to them this year, but not bought from them yet.

It's based on how much you have bought.

And then there's a discount they give to 'general products' and a larger scale discount for 'singles'

I couldn't find info on the site though. I logged into my account and tried to copy and paste the chart, but it really didn't come out well/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mpb2000 wrote:
The 10% and the loyalty discount were both automatically applied on my order for whatever reason.

I doubt that.

When I checked out yesterday, they showed the amount for my loyalty discount on one line, and the amount for the 10% sale discount on another. Below that, it noted that I got the larger of the two, and the 10% was applied to my order. I imagine yours was the same, and you just didn't read it carefully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.