Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Diego Whitetower
Spain
Málaga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

In our Plays, I've found out that sometimes the dice rolls could be awful, and even though you're attacking with all your ships this turn, you can't get any hit.

So, to fit this problem a little, what do you think about a little bonus to ships attacking the same target?

For example, one of them don't attack, but gives one extra die to another ship. I think is very thematic, because if you are being attacked by different ships, is more difficult to evade all the fire.

Nevertheless, it could be a bit unbalanced, and an Empire Swarm could have a great advantage.

What do you think?

PD: Sorry about any language mistakes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
illokpasa wrote:
I think is very thematic, because if you are being attacked by different ships, is more difficult to evade all the fire.

This is already in the rules. If you evade or focus against one ship, you're done evading, and the next ship has a better chance of hitting you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you should change the rules because the dice don't roll in your favour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
Way too unbalanced towards Empire. The extra ships, and going from rolling to attack dice to contributing one is much better than going from three attack dice to contributing one for the rebels X-Wing.

The dice will go against you. There are already mechanics in the game to give your self better odds by manipulating the dice. Focus and lock on. They are enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diego Whitetower
Spain
Málaga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Hughes
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also already some pilot abilities that give focus tokens, extra attack dice, etc. to other nearby pilots.

Nice thought though. I just read the Rogue Squadron series and liked all the targeting things they did in there - where one ship could feed its targeting data to another ship allowing it to fire missiles and such. (For example, there was an unarmed shuttle in one of the battles that fed its targeting info to a disabled X-Wing, allowing the X-Wing to fire it's proton torps against the target and destroy it. Yay for the good guys!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.