Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikkel Rasmussen
Denmark
Helsingør
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi
Recently I introduced my girlfriend to Saint Petersburg - and she loves it!
So, if you should recommend me a game like SP, what would that be?

Thank you in advance

/Mikkel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
Stone Age has different mechanics but it's by the same designer, highly regarded and of equal weight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It would help to know what aspects of Saint Petersburg were most (and least) appealing to her.

Does she love card games? Economic games? Drafting? Games of timing and rhythms? Building up an engine?

If I had to pick a game that is similar (and good), I might offer San Juan. But it is very much unlike SP in some ways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peakhope wrote:
It would help to know what aspects of Saint Petersburg were most (and least) appealing to her.

Does she love card games? Economic games? Drafting? Games of timing and rhythms? Building up an engine?

If I had to pick a game that is similar (and good), I might offer San Juan. But it is very much unlike SP in some ways.

Well, you would definitely want it to be different in some ways. Otherwise, just keep playing st Petersburg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
London (first edition) is similar in that you draft cards that have different benefits (e.g., gain coins, reduce poverty, generate victory points). There is more to it than Saint Petersburg, but it isn't overly heavy. My wife loves both games. I also enjoy them, but they are two of my wife's favorites.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.