Space Crusade» Forums » Rules

Subject: I need rules with 5 players and 2 expansions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
thomas choux
France
flag msg tools

Hi,
i want to play with the two expansion and with five players, does someone has rules for this kind of situation ?

can you give me advices ? How many eldars/marines ? Can eldars and marines shoot each other ?

And last question, in a standart game, there is only one winner so can marines shoots each other ?

Thx in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
On jouait comme ça jadis (5 joueurs, 1 ou 2 extensions, semi-coop 1 seul vainqueur).
1- Si tu joues avec juste l'extension Eldar, il faut juste réduire le nombre d'Eldars, sinon ils sont trop puissants à côté des marines. Sinon, pas de modifs de règles.
2- Si tu joues avec les 2 extensions, il faut jouer avec tous les Eldars, et booster un peu les stats de leurs armes, sinon ils sont trop faibles à côté des marines+armes ultralourdes. Je ne me souviens plus des détails mais on boostait sûr l'Exarque, probablement les Eldars de base (à shuriken), mais je ne crois pas les Eldars à armes lourdes. Même avec les boosts, les Eldars se faisaient souvent tailler mais le nombre et la mobilité leur permettent de +/- compenser.
Dans tous les cas, faut faire quelques parties pour équilibrer.

PS: bien sûr les marines peuvent se tirer mutuellement dessus, mais selon le scénario ce n'est pas forcément pertinent...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C
United Kingdom
Lymm
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone interested this rough translates as (via google translate )

We played like this once (5 players, 1 or 2 extensions, semi-coop only 1 winner).
1 - If you play with just the extension Eldar, you just reduce the number of Eldar, if they are too powerful navies side. Otherwise, no mods rules.
2 - If you play with two extensions, you have to play with all the Eldar, and boost some stats of their weapons, if they are too weak beside the sea + ultralourdes weapons. I do not remember the details but it sure boostait Exarch, Eldar probably base (to shuriken), but I do not believe in the Eldar heavy weapons. Even with the boosts, the Eldar were often cut but the number and mobility allow them to + / - offset.
In all cases, some parts must be to balance.

PS: Of course the Marines can draw on each other, but according to this scenario is not necessarily relevant ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the translation BC !
I didn't think it interested non-french people blush

Anyway, a few corrections hereunder:

We played like this, way back (5 players, 1 or 2 extensions, semi-coop only 1 winner).
1 - If you play with the Eldar Attack extension only, just reduce the number of Eldar, otherwise they are more powerful than a single squad of Marines. Apart from that, no rules mods.
2 - If you play with both extensions, play with all the Eldar, and boost some of their weapons' stats, otherwise they are too weak compared to the Marines with their extra-heavy weapons. I do not remember the details but we boosted the Exarch for sure, probably the basic Eldar (with shuriken), but I do not think that we boosted the Eldar with heavy weapons. Even with the boosts, the Eldar were often cut to pieces, but their number and mobility allowed to offset +/-.
In all cases, you have to play a few games to balance the boosts.

PS: Of course the Marines can shoot on each other, but depending on the scenario it's not necessarily relevant...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas choux
France
flag msg tools
Thx.
But for the E.T player ? No need to upgrade his forces ? Is he strong enough ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
veri wrote:
Thx.
But for the E.T player ? No need to upgrade his forces ? Is he strong enough ?

Well, the invader -whoever decided to play him- was quite strong at the time . We played only custom scenarios (created by the invader player devil). All players started with maximum experience level (maximum cards etc), including the Invader player (max cards, max blips/miniatures/reinforcements).
If I remember correctly, Invader won about half of the games, the other half was won by marine and/or eldar with only a few commanders and troops being alive at the end.
As I said earlier, you should play a few games to test different boosts/mods, and choose the ones you and your gaming group prefer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.