Popular Tags: [View All]
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
This startling revelation is both revelatory AND startling!

Since the best part of the article is probably that picture, I thought I'd toss it in to spare those who live in fear of rickrolling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
DCAnderson wrote:
It seems like everyone is having sex with demons but me soblue

Even demons have standards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The standard phrase is "inquiring minds," which is good, because the level of intrigue in the mind of a standard RSP denizen is approximately .004. It is restricted primarily to "they want to deny us our rights!" or "that guy gerrymandered my mother."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
chaendlmaier wrote:
Please clarify: Does demon sex occur in the spiritual realm, i.e. your dreams, or do demons manifest themselves in other people who one has sex with? The article is unclear on this and intriguing minds want to know.

The demon lives in your fleshlight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaendlmaier wrote:

I don't care about the standard phrase. My mind is intriguing, not inquiring.

No, your mind is what brings the average down to .004.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hinchliffe
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every now and then I get these fits of tolerance, where I think to myself "Just ignore those you don't agree with. Live and let live".

Then I see articles like this, and it reminds me why that never seems to stick, and I keep going back to wishing religion in general would just fuck off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
jimbrax wrote:
err, shall i explain this?

google fleshlight NSFW

It was more fun letting him think I just misspelled it. Especially since then it doesn't make any sense at all as a joke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clockwerk76 wrote:

Then I see articles like this, and it reminds me why that never seems to stick, and I keep going back to wishing religion in general would just fuck off.

I will pray for you. Right after I get done dry humping this petulant little succubus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaendlmaier wrote:

Coincidentally .004 is also your fairness index for always nagging on me when I mismatch words, but leaving Mr. Gutierrez unscathed of your scorn although he confused the words flesh and flash.

Mr. Gutierrez gets PLENTY of my scorn on a daily basis. I just get a little tired of putting it all into words.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Glorification of demons and their powers as opposed to glorification of God... I'm sure it's not reported fairly. I suppose I would have to talk to them about it, but some Christian groups definitely seem to think of demons as being extremely powerful, or as if Satan is actually a problem to God.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
Glorification of demons and their powers as opposed to glorification of God... I'm sure it's not reported fairly. I suppose I would have to talk to them about it, but some Christian groups definitely seem to think of demons as being extremely powerful, or as if Satan is actually a problem to God.

From an outsider point of view, it looks more like people looking for a supernatural alibi to get out of personal responsibility. 'The Devil Made Me Do It' defense if you will. Not so much for homosexuality, but for many 'choice' based sins. How can you help yourself from cheating on your wife when a powerful demon seduced you and made you a sex addict?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hinchliffe
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So we're actually talking about demons? Demons? Really? I'm fucking gobsmacked. Perhaps unicorns are responsible for climate change? Maybe fairies and gremlins caused the financial crisis? Wait wait...Vampires are responsible for the spread of blood borne diseases! Must be it.

Anyone here a werewolf while we're at it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clockwerk76 wrote:
It's easy to tell, just look for the poster who can lick their own crotch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
Jythier wrote:

From an outsider point of view, it looks more like people looking for a supernatural alibi to get out of personal responsibility. 'The Devil Made Me Do It' defense if you will. Not so much for homosexuality, but for many 'choice' based sins. How can you help yourself from cheating on your wife when a powerful demon seduced you and made you a sex addict?

So you're not buying that either?

Sin always starts with your own choice, but you often find yourself so deep in it by the end that you don't understand how you got there. Drug use escalates. A glance turns into light flirtation turns into innapropriate conversation turns into an affair. The original choice was one that was easy to back out of, but by the end of it you've destroyed your life. You didn't choose to destroy your life, but something drove you to it. Whether it was natural sinfulness or a demon latching on to it based on your invitation and causing it to spiral out of control, I can't tell you, and it might even be a combination in most cases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clockwerk76 wrote:
So we're actually talking about demons? Demons? Really? I'm fucking gobsmacked. Perhaps unicorns are responsible for climate change? Maybe fairies and gremlins caused the financial crisis? Wait wait...Vampires are responsible for the spread of blood borne diseases! Must be it.

You don't have to be part of this conversation if you'd prefer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
clockwerk76 wrote:

There is just as much evidence for demons, werewolves, unicorns, etc as there is for any religion. Anyone that believes in one myth has to at least acknowledge that the other myths have just as much proof as their own. All you need is faith right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
clockwerk76 wrote:

That sounds like werewolf talk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hinchliffe
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
clockwerk76 wrote:
It's easy to tell, just look for the poster who can lick their own crotch.

Fuck, I'm a werewolf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hinchliffe
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
clockwerk76 wrote:

Oh I think I do. This is a level of lunacy so spectacular I couldn't bear to miss it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Strobe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Listen to your sidekick and eat the pennies.
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:

There is just as much evidence for demons, werewolves, unicorns, etc as there is for any religion. Anyone that believes in one myth has to at least acknowledge that the other myths have just as much proof as their own. All you need is faith right?

Not all religions are based on faith in the supernatural.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K
Canada
toronto
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
clockwerk76 wrote:
Jythier wrote:
clockwerk76 wrote:

Oh I think I do. This is a level of lunacy so spectacular I couldn't bear to miss it.

How times change. Once upon a time Chiddler got banned for laughing at someone who claimed to believe in demons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but to be fair, calling someone a lunatic actually gives them an out, whereas chiddler was just being dismissive and rude.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
Yes, but to be fair, calling someone a lunatic actually gives them an out, whereas chiddler was just being dismissive and rude.

So why haven't you been banned?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
MisterCranky wrote:

So why haven't you been banned?

Times have changed. We can call a spade a spade now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
kade wrote:
clockwerk76 wrote:
Jythier wrote:
clockwerk76 wrote:

How times change. Once upon a time Chiddler got banned for laughing at someone who claimed to believe in demons.

Well Chiddler went farther than this thread has so far. He said anybody who believes in demons deserves to be derided and laughed at, then quoted me and said something like "pointing and laughing".

I could go find it exactly but I won't.

I think that would still get somebody banned today if it happened. Though FYI I am not the person who red flagged it even though I was the target.

So for the record of those keeping track though, I don't know if Jay has actually said he believes demons who operate in this world (at least not in this thread yet).

I on the other hand, have gone on record more than once as being quite sure they are real. And the thread that eventually got abandoned because of childish mocking that went even beyond Chiddlers had some interesting things on the topic as it pertains to genuinely practicing Christians who operate within a spiritual realm that crosses over into tangible at times.

But this article's claim is silly. Christianity doesn't teach that homosexuality comes from sex with demons or anything even close to that.

However since I haven't read the original one, just the (I am sure well chosen) bits in this one which were intended to deride the original one, I am not going to comment on what they did quote here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.