Subject: Saxonia? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bas van der Meer
Netherlands
Oegstgeest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Included in the box is a Saxonia train-card. But there are no rules included for this mini-expansion. Does anybody know where the rules can be found for this card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Far more important question...when did you get the box?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bas van der Meer
Netherlands
Oegstgeest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received the box yesterday. Included in the (huge) package as a bonus was a copy of New York, the re-theme of Alhambra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
jasonwocky wrote:
Far more important question...when did you get the box?!?

Mine arrived...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dilago wrote:
I received the box yesterday. Included in the (huge) package as a bonus was a copy of New York, the re-theme of Alhambra.

As he said...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dilago wrote:
Included in the box is a Saxonia train-card. But there are no rules included for this mini-expansion. Does anybody know where the rules can be found for this card?

Until know I have only opened the packet to check if the game is included.

Don't know the rules yet, but if no special rules are included the Saxiona will maybe work like the other trains and no special rules are necessary?

Have you already get in contact with Queen Games to solve the problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Grier
Scotland
Paisley
Renfrewshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dilago wrote:

Hi there - did you had any luck finding the rules for this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Slaughter
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My best guess is that it is used to make the 5-player start like the 3-4 player start (start with less money, but with railroad). Likely goes to the player drawing the "5" position card, since it has the cheapest cost to increase production (1).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too have this card included in my pack of train cards. Is this exclusive (for now) for Kickstarter backers and others will have to pay extra for the promo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dumpty wrote:
I too have this card included in my pack of train cards. Is this exclusive (for now) for Kickstarter backers and others will have to pay extra for the promo?

It was never advertised as such during the campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Clarke
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got it in my Copy and I bought mine at my FLGS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Then I guess it wasn't much of a stretch reward to backers after all.

What did we get? A poster and a game most of us don't want (not even the one they told us we would get) and the opportunity to pay full price for some other Queen games.

I don't see myself backing too many more Queen Games Kickstarter projects in the future unless they offer some substantial incentives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jasonwocky wrote:
dumpty wrote:

It was never advertised as such during the campaign.

Actually strike that. It was. It was supposed to be a non-exclusive promotion that would not be included in the general release of the game, but that other folks could buy in the future.

I'm not bothered by other folks getting it early, though I am bothered by the negligence. Disappointing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any word on this?

I don't know about it being a consolation for the fifth player, as there are five trains you can develop at the start: The four passenger factories plus the first passenger train factories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nikki pontius
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Saxonia
The Saxonia card is auctioned off before the start of the game. The highest bidder receives the
card.
Effects:
As long as the card is in the game (see below), its owner automatically is the start player in
the following game turns. The order of the other players is determined normally.
The Saxonia has an income and a production capacity of 1 each.
Its production capacity may not be increased; moreover, its production capacity may not be
transferred to more modern locomotives.
The Saxonia production is guaranteed each game turn independently of any die rolls.
The Saxonia is removed from the game when the first player purchases a second generation
green locomotive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mc Jarvis
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
I speak to improve upon the cacophony.
badge
This heart is meant to convince you that I feel.
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for this card have (finally) been posted. Looks interesting!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1016374822/locomotive-wo...#

Basically all the iconography on it except for the 1 thaler one has nothing to do with the rules, though. As far as I can tell it's just an auction for someone to get 1 thaler/turn & first player until the 2nd level green locos come out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.