Subject: "tournament" rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy Crayson
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
I never really gave them much thought as they seemed to kill the interaction aspect of the game quite a bit.

"Players can't roll dice in skirmish"

In my mind that translates to "there is no skirmish" since thats the whole idea of skirmish correct?

This also kills the idea of specialization as that comes into play during skirmish.

Am I understanding that correctly? Seems crazy , doing away with the key layer of the game if im getting it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh, where does it say that? I can't remember reading that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Crayson
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
page 10

TOURNAMENT RULES

In a tournament setting, the following rules apply in addition to the basic rules described above:
Tournaments are run in two phases: the first phase follows the “Swiss System”.

After the Swiss rounds, the players with the best score clash in knockout rounds (the number of players who will proceed to the knockout phase will depend on the number of initial participants).
Each match consists of multiple games, and the first player to win two games wins the match.

Each match has a maximum duration of 45 minutes.
Each game continues for a maximum of 20 minutes under normal rules. The turn in which the 20 minutes are exceeded is finished under normal rules.

In all subsequent turns, the following rules apply:
• Players can’t roll dice in SKIRMISH.
• Players can’t return LIFE dice to their hand at the end of turn.
• At the beginning of each turn, the value of every LIFE die in the LIFE ZONE is reduced by 1.

During the tournament, in addition to their SET, players may use a SIDE SET consisting of exactly 3 dice. After each game, players can exchange one or more dice of their SET for one or more dice of their SIDE SET.
The SIDE SET can contain rare dice (in addition to the 3 rare dice that may be in the main SET), but after exchanging dice with the SIDE SET, the main SET can still only have a maximum of 3 rare dice.
Exchanging dice with the SIDE SET is done in secret, but players still have to reveal their SET to the opponent before the start of the next game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Crayson
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
forced me to read it more closely its saying "after 20 minutes" THEN this applies. Doh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.