Subject: Epic kick-ass combo: Were-WhiteLadies + Merchant-Elves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I won't detail the full session of a 4 player game at SmallWorld with Grand Dames and Cursed!, but only the relevant points, specially the great and epic combo I got the chance to unfold, that lend me the victory.

The player with the Flying-Wizards (the 4rth in order of play) started amazingly good, scoring 10 coins the first round and some more later until she declined.

The first player started with the Ghouls, declining them on second round and entering with the Amazons, having 2 powerful races conquering the map. She scored many many coins on her turns, although she lost grip when we killed her Amazons, ending the game with 86 points.

Sorry for the bad quality of the picture

I started with the Armed Humans which I put to decline on turn 3. On turn 4 I enter the map with the Were-WhiteLadies (with only 6 tokens) conquering 6 regions with 1 race token each (mountains many of them). Luckily for me, that round nobody conquers me (some of my opponents were far, others also declined that round) so on turn 5 I decline the WhiteLadies obtaining 6 unconquerable regions. Afterwards, I enter with the Merchant-Elves, so by then I'm literally immortal, none of my race tokens can be sent to the tray so I can keep them till the end of the game. And so I do. Once the Merchant-Elves are expanded, I get two consecutive turns scoring 16 and 18 coins. This epic combo handed me the victory on a plate, with 92 coins.

It will be difficult to see again such a powerful combo!!

PS: I own the Spanish version of the game, so I'm not sure whether the translation of the races/powers I've done is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarvis
United States
Brisbane
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like that would have been a lot of fun, especially that turn 4 with the Were-White Ladies.

Dharzen wrote:

PS: I own the Spanish version of the game, so I'm not sure whether the translation of the races/powers I've done is correct.

The only difference I noticed was that, on the English version, it would be "Commando Humans." I actually liked the sound of "Armed Humans" better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jarviskj3 wrote:
Looks like that would have been a lot of fun, especially that turn 4 with the Were-White Ladies.

Haha, entering an even round with the werewolfs is always fun. Everybody is scared and nobody dares to look in the eyes the were-player devil

Great great game with tones of fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Doughty
United States
California
flag msg tools
OVERTEXT HERE
badge
Funded by supporters like you!
mb
Dharzen wrote:
...On turn 4 I enter the map with the Were-WhiteLadies (with only 6 tokens) conquering 6 regions with 1 race token each (mountains many of them). Luckily for me, that round nobody conquers me (some of my opponents were far, others also declined that round) so on turn 5 I decline the WhiteLadies obtaining 6 unconquerable regions...

Aren't the White Ladies the race that moves all remaining tokens to a single region when it goes into decline?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bryanldoughty wrote:
Dharzen wrote:
...On turn 4 I enter the map with the Were-WhiteLadies (with only 6 tokens) conquering 6 regions with 1 race token each (mountains many of them). Luckily for me, that round nobody conquers me (some of my opponents were far, others also declined that round) so on turn 5 I decline the WhiteLadies obtaining 6 unconquerable regions...

Aren't the White Ladies the race that moves all remaining tokens to a single region when it goes into decline?

Nope. The one you described are the Priestesses...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Doughty
United States
California
flag msg tools
OVERTEXT HERE
badge
Funded by supporters like you!
mb
freddieyu wrote:
bryanldoughty wrote:
Dharzen wrote:

Nope. The one you described are the Priestesses...

Awe, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.