Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Albert
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just picked this up. Curious: are there any learning/play aids to be found other than what’s in the files section below? It’s not a big deal at all, I was just surprised to see so few for game this beloved, that’s been around so long. (FWIW, I did find all the posted strategy articles; was looking for more learning-curve-flattening-type stuff. Maybe a posted step-by-step walkthrough game that I'm missing?)

I don’t have an experienced player to teach me, and was hoping to minimize the inevitable mistakes and misses of the first couple plays.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
Try this site:

http://www.philipsmith.ca/breakoutnormandy/

Much of the material may be focused on the original edition rather than the new edition, but for a beginner it's a fine start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Albert
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric Brosius wrote:
Try this site:

http://www.philipsmith.ca/breakoutnormandy/

Much of the material may be focused on the original edition rather than the new edition, but for a beginner it's a fine start.

Thank you, appreciate it.

I had found that site, but it seemed like more higher-level strategic concerns than help for new players. But looking at the replays again more closely, those may very well fit my purposes.

I think I’ve gotten spoiled by GMT’s ultra-clear playbook sample turns that walk you through a game’s key concepts. That, and all the player-made aids that get honed over time. Seems I’ve gone soft; it’ll probably do me some good to muscle through an AH-era rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.