Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Preorder Ultimate Werewolf Legacy now from beziergames.com
badge
Ultimate Werewolf Legacy
mbmbmbmbmb
If everything goes smoothly (no customs hangups), we could get the games as early as Friday, and have them sent out to preorderers over the weekend.

I will post again with any updates as soon as I have them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John LaRuffa
United States
Hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, pray for us!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for the update!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Berndt
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Quick follow-up - when do you expect the OLGS's (Coolstuff, Boards&Bits etc.) to get them in stock?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Malaysia
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering that my FLGS over in BANGKOK THAILAND already has their copies, I'd certainly hope that they'll be available in the US this week...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Ultimate Werewolf Legacy
mbmbmbmbmb
Escher26 wrote:
Considering that my FLGS over in BANGKOK THAILAND already has their copies, I'd certainly hope that they'll be available in the US this week...

If they did, it's because they were clever enough to purchase them at Essen (or buy them from a distributor who was that clever).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Ultimate Werewolf Legacy
mbmbmbmbmb
nberndt wrote:
Thanks. Quick follow-up - when do you expect the OLGS's (Coolstuff, Boards&Bits etc.) to get them in stock?

Probably a week or so after the preorders get sent out. They go to the distributors (3-5 days) and then to the stores/shops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stansfield
Spain
Barcelona
Catalunya
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, here's hoping they will arrive here before Christmas

BTW it seems no shop here was smart enough to get them at Essen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toulouse wrote:
Escher26 wrote:

If they did, it's because they were clever enough to purchase them at Essen (or buy them from a distributor who was that clever).

I think there was a whole lot of cleverness going around. I was happy to crack open my copy yesterday!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Walker
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Mega Metroid!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ted I'm sitting on the edge of my seat! Was anything delayed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too... really hoping I get my copy before next (not this) Sunday!

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Malaysia
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toulouse wrote:
Escher26 wrote:

He did not go to Essen personally, but yes, he has connections and apparently got them from a distributor to was there. Gosh I miss Bangkok...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Malaysia
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bradandmary wrote:
toulouse wrote:
Escher26 wrote:

I think there was a whole lot of cleverness going around. I was happy to crack open my copy yesterday!

Hope you got it from Battlefield Bangkok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew L.
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
Sword, Board and Pen
badge
Hey! I run a board game blog at swordboardandpen.com! Come check it out!
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
It's a little frustrating when something is posted saying it will arrive on the 29th and then the date passes with no update. Why post anything at all if taking a few minutes to update it when the date is missed is not a priority?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Read more comics!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiggi wrote:
It's a little frustrating when something is posted saying it will arrive on the 29th and then the date passes with no update. Why post anything at all if taking a few minutes to update it when the date is missed is not a priority?

Sigh!

Gosh, I don't know, perhaps the designer of the game is working hard at getting things out to everyone rather hanging out on BGG. Maybe he's simply busy and hasn't had time to log in recently. Maybe there isn't any news worth reporting yet and he didn't want to waste anyone's time by reporting a message on "no news".

Sheesh man, it's just a game. It likely did arrive on 11/29 but then there is customs, transport to distributors, transport to stores and people, etc.

I'm super anxious as well but we received the kind news of it being almost on US shores and that's more than most would share so I applaud the designer for sharing that much with us. Hopefully he won't be soured by this experience from your post.

In my opinion, some news blows away no news and we received some news. Now it's time to give patience a chance, 'eh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Sonsalla
United States
Rollingstone
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiggi wrote:

I'd rather have Ted spend every minute getting all copies out the door to your house, mine, and everybody else's home. I'm anxious for an update, but I don't see any reason to be impatient when an update isn't coming as swift as we'd like. It's not as if this is an industry with immovable due dates and deadlines. Updates are sometimes delayed for either lack of news (or hopefully because pre-order shipping is consuming every waking moment.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
I just want the designer to follow through with his post that said he would provide updates when he had them. It is almost a week after he said the game would arrive and he certainly would know if that happened or not.

Feel free to dismiss me as just being impatient to get a game but that's not the part I am frustrated about. I'll admit that I am probably a little sensitive to this, but it really bothers me when people say they are going to do something and then do not follow through, especially when they have taken my money. He has been logging into BGG so it's not like he has been away from the site and unable to post something here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Clevenger
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe as he was unpacking the games they fell on him pinning him to the floor. With only his one hand free instead of calling 911 he had been logging into BGG to give us an update. But just as he logs in, the pain overwhelms him and he passes out!!

It could happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John LaRuffa
United States
Hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, pray for us!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiggi wrote:
I just want the designer to follow through with his post that said he would provide updates when he had them. It is almost a week after he said the game would arrive and he certainly would know if that happened or not.

Feel free to dismiss me as just being impatient to get a game but that's not the part I am frustrated about. I'll admit that I am probably a little sensitive to this, but it really bothers me when people say they are going to do something and then do not follow through, especially when they have taken my money. He has been logging into BGG so it's not like he has been away from the site and unable to post something here.

I'm with you on this. An update even to say that he still doesn't have them is still an update and takes 2 minutes. It's better than nothing. I'm sure he is working hard to get everything done, but you are just asking for follow up. I don't see why that is unreasonable. If I tell my boss that I am going to have something done this Friday IF everything goes according to plan, I better let him know the status, even if it is not done or I get to face a grilling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dale yu
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
If you're not part of the soultion...
badge
You're part of the precipitate!
mbmbmbmbmb
An update has been made, though in another thread

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/893408/still-no-suburbia-yet

the short of it - there is a strike of dockworkers which is slowing all west coast freight deliveries

Dale

magnus1515 wrote:
Wiggi wrote:

I'm with you on this. An update even to say that he still doesn't have them is still an update and takes 2 minutes. It's better than nothing. I'm sure he is working hard to get everything done, but you are just asking for follow up. I don't see why that is unreasonable. If I tell my boss that I am going to have something done this Friday IF everything goes according to plan, I better let him know the status, even if it is not done or I get to face a grilling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Wankel engine
mbmbmbmbmb
This is like Lucy holding the football: publishers continually overpromise and underdeliver when it comes to release dates and we continually fall for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ed95005 wrote:
This is like Lucy holding the football: publishers continually overpromise and underdeliver when it comes to release dates and we continually fall for it.

Pish. Look at all the games at Essen every year.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
ed95005 wrote:

Yeah, Ted probably told the clerks to go on strike just to delay the game. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The dock workers settled yesterday. Even so, things are eight days behind in L.A., and many ships were rerouted all over the west coast. It may take a bit to sort things out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Wankel engine
mbmbmbmbmb
He couldn't have anticipated the strike, but what would he have lost by waiting until the game was actually in his warehouse to announce a shipping date? The way it stands, I'd say he disappointed some by improperly managing expectations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.