Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Puccio
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a game that I've designed, prototyped, and playtested with a significant number of players. I've submitted it to one publisher, but haven't gotten any feedback from them, so I'm seeking out others. I am not very familiar with the publishers that are out there, so I'm seeking some suggestions from this community for other publishers to look at.

Here's a bit of the pitch to give you some idea of the game type and target market:

In "Tanks!" (a placeholder name), you field a squad of historically accurate WWII armored vehicles represented by 2.5” x 3.5” cards onto a tabletop battlefield. Use the cards themselves as play pieces and move them into position, then roll dice to resolve attacks.

Tanks! is intended for casual gamers as well as wargaming veterans who are looking for a 'beer and pretzels' game that still retains the flavor of their favorite simulation wargame. Tanks! is quick to learn and is relatively inexpensive and portable: no need to carry around cases of miniatures, terrain, buildings, and having a large table space to play on. Yet it’s deep enough to support a larger, multiplayer battle or campaign.

So, any suggestions as to publishers I should look at?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
GladiusA wrote:
I've submitted it to one publisher, but haven't gotten any feedback from them, so I'm seeking out others.

Wait AT LEAST six months before simultaneous submitting.

Did you query first to see how long the wait would be and if they were interested?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Puccio
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually met with them and showed the game to them at GenCon after initially sending them the idea. I've been in contact since and they keep telling me "we haven't had a chance to look at it" since then.

I realize this is a busy time of year and probably won't submit to a new company until the new year, but I need to start doing my research into other companies in case they don't pan out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The deadline for entering Saltcon's Ion award is Friday. Winners traditionally are offered a deal even before the award is announced at the con.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John A. White
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
GladiusA wrote:
I've submitted it to one publisher, but haven't gotten any feedback from them, so I'm seeking out others.

Wait AT LEAST six months before simultaneous submitting.

Some Publishers will sit on your game... so 1/2 a year without a weekly correspondence is a joke.
Based on Geoshpere's sound proof approach (and it is for the publishers community) By year 3 you might have shown your game to 4 publishers with 4 rejections and no feed back to improve it.

At this rate you will have a BREAKTHROUGH and the commission to buy a headstone! WOOT!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Puccio
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so as to avoid this thread going off topic, let me assume that I will wait whatever the appropriate amount of time for feedback is.

Are there any suggested publishers to look at for this sort of game?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Puccio
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam Houston wrote:
The deadline for entering Saltcon's Ion award is Friday. Winners traditionally are offered a deal even before the award is announced at the con.

Thanks, Sam - just in the nick of time. That's even close enough to me to consider traveling to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.