Popular Tags: [View All]
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i've had two of these pre-ordered for a long time now (was hoping to give them as christmas presents), and haven't heard anything at all about a US release date...i've seen posts where people are playing the game, and asking questions, etc...but no info on when this might actually "be in the mail"...anybody have any info? thanks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contemptus Mundi
United States
Cedar City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
i've had two of these pre-ordered for a long time now (was hoping to give them as christmas presents), and haven't heard anything at all about a US release date...i've seen posts where people are playing the game, and asking questions, etc...but no info on when this might actually "be in the mail"...anybody have any info? thanks...

You read my mind! I've got to have this game, but I don't want to preorder if it's going to deliver in the first quarter. Been there, done that. I know FGG says it's "on the boat" but boats can sink.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The two times I have pre-ordered a game that intended to give as a present, delays made it come 2-4 months after the date I needed it. I won't do that again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skolo
Netherlands
R`dam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LoweringTheBar wrote:
John_VW wrote:

You read my mind! I've got to have this game, but I don't want to preorder if it's going to deliver in the first quarter. Been there, done that. I know FGG says it's "on the boat" but boats can sink.

not only sink, but hijacked by Somalian pirates too!
and we all know that one should not unbox the game on sandy beach
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hope
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LoweringTheBar wrote:
John_VW wrote:

I preordered it too, but the worst thing is that it is part of a 3 game order that won't send until they're all in stock. My order is in limbo until FFG decide to release this game. The boat must be coming from mars, because it's said 'on the boat' since early October. Hurry up FFG! I want to play ALL my games (especially this one)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
John_VW wrote:

Fantasy Flight Games initially included Andor in its packet of sell sheets dates for release in November 2012, and that's the date I had included under the English version of the game on its BGG page. Currently the upcoming calendar on FFG's website lists a December 2012 release date, so I've adjusted the BGG page accordingly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
W Eric Martin wrote:
John_VW wrote:

Fantasy Flight Games initially included Andor in its packet of sell sheets dates for release in November 2012, and that's the date I had included under the English version of the game on its BGG page. Currently the upcoming calendar on FFG's website lists a December 2012 release date, so I've adjusted the BGG page accordingly.
i just emailed FFG C/S, and will post any response i get here...if i don't hear back real soon then i need to cancel these pre-orders and go with something that is actually avail now (and that i can give instead at christmas); i'll keep you posted...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Slater
United Kingdom
Liskeard
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in the same boat so to speak...

Have ordered from Amazon on the same day they went out of stock!!
Good timing
Be interesting to see when it is going to be ready to order!!!!

Heres hoping
Jules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, here's the rersponse:

"The best I can tell you is that we have it slated for December and we are still on target to hit that release date. Please keep you eye on our upcoming page (http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_upcoming.asp) for all of the release news regarding our titles!

Regards,
"XXX"
Customer Service Associate
Fantasy Flight Games Customer Service Team"

i emailed back asking for a little better timeline; "december" isn't enough, and without a better/clearer timeline i think i'm going to have to cancel my orders...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In Fantasy Flight speak, December often means March. It might turn out that they really get it in December, but their projected dates often move back. It is not just them. That is true for most game companies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
scottandkimr wrote:
In Fantasy Flight speak, December often means March. It might turn out that they really get it in December, but their projected dates often move back. It is not just them. That is true for most game companies.

Although in this case, at least we know the game itself is already in a finished, working state. It's just a translation and printing job. One would think that shouldn't be tooooo hard for an experienced company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2nd email response:

"I understand your frustration over this mater, but I'm unable to say say differently what the release date is going to be. Different parts of the world, even different stores are going to get their products at different times. It's just the way everything rolls out.

The only time frame I can give you is the one I stated before. We have it on slate for next month and all indicators look like we are going to hit it."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Borys Zaba-Zabinski
Ireland
Limerick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

I have ordered my copy on amazon.co.uk and received it on 22nd November - it is english version with FFG logo on the box, it says Made in Germany on box but just to let you know that english version is already available in Europe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hope
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scottandkimr wrote:

If it is 'on the boat' and they receive it next month, then surely it should be released next month too. What would be the point in hanging onto stock and not selling it? Unless they're lying and it's not on the boat, which I'm beginning to think is the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skolo
Netherlands
R`dam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
what is the rout of the boat?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taegukki wrote:
scottandkimr wrote:

If it is 'on the boat' and they receive it next month, then surely it should be released next month too. What would be the point in hanging onto stock and not selling it? Unless they're lying and it's not on the boat, which I'm beginning to think is the case.
but the month is 31 days long...so, for those of us who purchased months ago to use as christmas presents, having it arrive at FFG sometime in Dec, and then they ship to retailers/etc. sometime after that, and then finally the places we purchased from then begin to send out their pre-orders simply isn't good enough...somebody, somewhere, should have some idea when this game is supposed to arrive at FFG, and then how quickly they plan on turning them around and getting them "out the door"...so, for me, if i don't have an email from my online seller saying that the game is on it's way to me by 12/10 then i have to cancel my orders and go with something that i know will arrive (to me) before the holidays...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hope
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skolo wrote:
what is the rout of the boat?

Probably Germany to America via Antartica.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
John_VW wrote:
somebody, somewhere, should have some idea when this game is supposed to arrive at FFG, and then how quickly they plan on turning them around and getting them "out the door"

The problem is that it's nearly impossible to do this due to (1) overseas travel, in which storms and other unforeseen events can delay a ship or force it along paths not originally intended and (2) U.S. customs, which may choose to inspect a shipment in more detail than normal, in which case those items will be delayed compared to items that pass through customs more quickly. Other factors can delay game shipments as well, so in all likelihood FFG has a window in which it expects the game to appear, with the earliest date of that window being what's possible if no delays occur and the latest date in the window being a nightmare scenario in which everything goes wrong.

The only way FFG could give a precise release date is if it had the games already in hand at its warehouse because then it would have the ability to ship out games on its own schedule. Until the games reach that warehouse, though, the calendar isn't set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
well...it's now 12/3, and still no idea when any of the online retailers may expect their shipments???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Heather
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
The problem is that it's nearly impossible to do this

Well it isn't because other companies manage it all the time.

But I do agree that boardgame companies (even the big ones) are quite small businesses. This means that they don't have the money and clout to drive a schedule and on top of that I think that many our quite naive from a business sense.

They act more like enthausiatic hobbyists rather than precision businessmen. To be honest, I think this is a good thing because we get enthusiasm and passion rather than make money at all costs - we get the sort of customer support that many big businesses would try and wriggle out of.

How many cutting professional business would entertain sending me a new plastic dragon across the atlantic free of charge, no questions asked because the one in my game had a wing that wasn't stuck on perfectly straight.

Having said that I'm rather frustrated too. The two games I'm waiting for (both FFG) are stuck on the boat. If they don't arrive in the next week (and I don't think they will) then I won't be getting them for Christmas because I will have left for my vacation abroad and won't be returning till the new year. By that time the moment might have passed and I may not bother.

Personally, I think FFG are missing a lot of Christmas deadlines (Andor, Descent Wyrm Expansion, Star Wars minis to name but three). Yes they will turn up next year but Christmas is a big opportunity missed.

Cheers,

Nigel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Branham
United States
Duluth
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
New Dia die Los Muertos. Lighter, sillier, and Stickers.
mbmbmbmbmb
nheather wrote:
Quote:

I think I'm still with very nearly impossible. DVD and Video games are generally produced in North America, and the actual manufacturing is pretty cut and dried. (And it STILL gets screwed up. Check out the Xbox 360 Lego Lord of the Rings fiasco. Demo discs in the retail case.)

Apple...Apple totally pulls it off. But they air ship almost everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hope
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nheather wrote:
Quote:

But I do agree that boardgame companies (even the big ones) are quite small businesses. This means that they don't have the money and clout to drive a schedule and on top of that I think that many our quite naive from a business sense.

They act more like enthausiatic hobbyists rather than precision businessmen. To be honest, I think this is a good thing because we get enthusiasm and passion rather than make money at all costs - we get the sort of customer support that many big businesses would try and wriggle out of.

How many cutting professional business would entertain sending me a new plastic dragon across the atlantic free of charge, no questions asked because the one in my game had a wing that wasn't stuck on perfectly straight.

Having said that I'm rather frustrated too. The two games I'm waiting for (both FFG) are stuck on the boat. If they don't arrive in the next week (and I don't think they will) then I won't be getting them for Christmas because I will have left for my vacation abroad and won't be returning till the new year. By that time the moment might have passed and I may not bother.

Personally, I think FFG are missing a lot of Christmas deadlines (Andor, Descent Wyrm Expansion, Star Wars minis to name but three). Yes they will turn up next year but Christmas is a big opportunity missed.

Cheers,

Nigel

Agree whole heartedly, although in my case I can't just cancel my order. I've already paid CLS for Andor, City of Horror and King of Tokyo Power Up, but the order won't ship until Andor arrives to save money on shipping. Sorta stuck with FFG's vague and disappointing 'on the boat' status. Seriously, even for a small crappy company, it does not take 8-10 weeks to ship something, even factoring in customs. My guess is that they said 'on the boat' before it actually WAS on the boat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Casadonte
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The compass always points to Terrapin.
mbmbmbmbmb
Taegukki wrote:
Seriously, even for a small crappy company, it does not take 8-10 weeks to ship something, even factoring in customs. My guess is that they said 'on the boat' before it actually WAS on the boat.

Take it from someone who knows about shipping -- yes, it does take 8-10 weeks. It sucks...but it is what it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Heather
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You have to feel for boardgame companies though. Christmas is one of their biggest sales opportunities - it's so important for them to get games out for the Christmas market.

But how on earth can they plan for that? Apparently someone decided that this year Christmas Day will fall on the 25th December. Who on earth decided that? Did they bother to tell the boardgame companies so they could plan their releases? - No they didn't. It's no wonder that they struggle every year.

Cheers,

Nigel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.