Subject: On To Washington rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Perry
France
Lacour
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After one play I have a question, I have read through the rules and there doesn't seem to be anything preventing a "shaken" unit from using "On to Washington" on the next die roll. This seems to be a little odd; I could understand it if an heroic action had to be used or a Generals action be required. Am I missing something>

I presume the Union flank square only qualify for 1 modifier point in combat for occupied adjacent Union squares i.e. there is no implied modifier.

Even with the remarkable charges made by "shaken" units my first game ended in ignominious defeat. It was all over in three turns with 3 Union squares captured by Kemper, Armistead and Fry.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey David! Glad you're enjoying the game.
There's nothing stopping a "Shaken" unit from doing anything except taking another "Heavy Fire" result without retreating back to the Rally point. The shaken condition just means the men won't stand up to another effective blast of enemy fire. If you can prevent that from happening to them, then they can do anything, including enjoying some momentary "elan" with the OTW result.
There is only a "+1" max on the Union positions on the ends of the map, since we don't really know what's going on there gamewise.
Thanks!
Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.