Popular Tags: [View All]
Sonny Blount
New Zealand
flag msg tools
out to lunch
badge
same place I eat at
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule for Free Mouse Actions says each free action can only be performed once during a mouse's turn.

Does this mean that only 1 piece of cheese or 1 item can be shared each turn? Or can the entire groups cheese stash be traded each mouse turn whilst they share a space? Does anyone play with a max cheese capacity per mouse?

Does sharing include giving and taking? For both cheese and items?

Can shared items only come from a mouse's pack or from their equipped items? The rule states search cards it says nothing about where the mouse has them. If it is equipped items a bow could be passed around the group so that multiple mice attack with it in a round, or equipped armour could be given to the mouse furthest up the initiative track.

I have my own house rules in mind but I like to hear 2nd opinions about how others are playing it.

I think I am going to limit cheese to 1 piece per share giving or taking. 1 search card given from the pack only. And 1 equip per turn, with removing items replaced by an equip not included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Demeriat
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My personal Hard Mode campaign has no Cheese sharing at all between troops. In order to get cheese, you have to engage in combat (or Search). I prefer it that way because it's too easy to (pardon the pun) Cheese your way as a group of four mice in one space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Greenley
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Greetings Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
As per the designer, only backpack items can be traded. He said it in a thread here somewhere, but I haven't tried to find it. I'm certain that if you trade cheese you can trade as much as you want, but I don't know if that's been verified. I don't know if you're only allowed to trade one item at a time with any amount of cheese being one item. It might be nice to get some clarification
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin S.
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always allowed sharing of as much cheese as possible. I usually play with 4, and when I had enough cheese to level multiple times during Welcome to Barksburg it seemed the unselfish play. (Flich is a cheese gathering machine.) I've never had an opportunity to share multiple search cards, not sure about that circumstance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
We play that you can give and take as much as you want between the two mice, including cheese and items.

rule book page 15 wrote:
When performing a share action, a mouse can freely
exchange search cards and/or cheese tokens with another mouse that is on the same space or an adjacent space.

We read "exchange" literally so that both giving and taking is possible. It mentions sharing cards and tokens so it seems like multiple cards are allowed to change hands as well as multiple cheese tokens.

I don't like the idea of stopping cheese trading since some mice are better collectors than others and they tend to have better attack/defense dice making them engage in combat more and hence collect even more cheese. So if they can't share it can mean other mice have a hard time leveling which isn't fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When you share, choose one other mouse that is on the same space or adjacent, you can exchange as much cheese as you want, plus as many non-equipped items you wish to exchange with that mouse..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Killa Mini's
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nobeerblues wrote:
When you share, choose one other mouse that is on the same space or adjacent, you can exchange as much cheese as you want, plus as many non-equipped items you wish to exchange with that mouse..

Thanks for the clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrek Kyzar
United States
Ponchatoula
LA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has it been stated for sure if the mouse that initiates the trade has to give something or can he just receive?

So it's Colin's turn and he is in the same space as Tilda. He needs a cheese to use his issue order command. Can he initiate a trade with Tilda to receive a cheese from her for free, and then use the cheese for his Power?

This legal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know, that should be fine. The "share" free action can be receiving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.