Subject: One year of play - Final Tournament 2012 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alberto Campos
Portugal
Amadora
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blood Bowl Team Manager is the actual most loved game of my playing group. No chance for the other games. This weekend we made our celebration of this 2012 gaming meetings. We are a very small group of friends who gather almost all Friday nights for talking and gaming.
We decide to make one final tournament in the most played game, and decide who is the 2012 champion.
This final will be in 4 players, four games. The player with most wins claims the title in case of a draw, most points in the 4 games win.
After some good dinning cooked by me, we sit on the table and ready to play. Team selection was the player with the best average score of all the games was last to pick a team; that said, first player drafting a team was Carlos with one average score of 33 points, and choose Skaven. Second was Marcelino with average score of 34 points, and choose Humans. Third was Ferdinand with average score of 36 points and picked Chaos. Last me, with average score of 41 points and picked Orcs. In the end no counter picking and everybody played with their favourite team.

First card from Spike Magazine deck was "Rivalry Week Kicks Off" that Ferdinand and Carlos managed to win all highlights, after first round the score were Carlos 12,Ferdinand 11,me 1,Marcelino 0, and both continued to wining fans so in the end of 3rd round sounds like one mirage for me and Marcelino get them. But one 4th round were we managed to conquer everything put us again on game, and I managed to win team upgrade "Beat Da Points Outta Dem!" for last round; that card was crucial, since my last hand was a perfect Tackling hand and Injured 3 players, getting 6 fans that make me win this first game. Final score of game one:
Orcs = 42
Humand = 39
Skaven = 38
Chaos = 29

Second game was extremely easy for me, in the end of the 3rd round I basically have win the game. In the end, and with 11 Star Players on my deck final score was:
Orcs = 60
Humans = 33
Chaos = 30
Skaven = 21

Third game was extremely balanced, some draws on key highlights, very phew Team and Staff upgrades, and when we begin last round, everybody as almost the same points. But this last round see Chaos and Humans fight head to head with the best hand, Skaven have no Sprinting player in the final hand! And get all Lineman! Final score:
Chaos = 38
Humans = 37
Skaven = 27
Orcs = 22

Last game was dominated by Skaven with one early draw of "Warpstone Souvenirs", but the super last rounds and final sprinting Humans have, managed to win the last game with 11 points from "Publicity Stunts". Final score:
Humans = 49
Skaven = 43
Orcs = 31
Chaos = 27

So I became the BBTM champ for this year.
Humans the most constant team from this final while Chaos the most unstable.
Next year we will have more 3 teams and some more stuffs from the expansion.
Great game, lots of fun, and here we are after 7 hours of final gaming!

Hope you enjoy this game as much as we do! Lots of fun and good plays

Just a final word for Marcelino since his grandmother died next day
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
do you guys remove some of the Staff upgrade bonus cards as the FAQ/Errata suggests? Just curious how a mega-experienced group likes to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Campos
Portugal
Amadora
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SirHandsome wrote:
do you guys remove some of the Staff upgrade bonus cards as the FAQ/Errata suggests? Just curious how a mega-experienced group likes to play.

Hi, yes, we remove the 7 "banned" cards from the FAQ.
Mainly for 2 reasons:
1-Before the FAQ the target of play is the Staff upgrades, since they can give you a lot of points, and as soon we get 1 or 2 we just play for them, making, sometimes, "the Blood Bowl" almost useless in the final round much of the time. So with them banned the game is much more balanced and the focus are what should be: fans.

2-Makes the game less random. Since sometimes happens that even if someone is loosing for lots of points, in the last round get all that staff upgrades and win in a very unfair way!

Regards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Kernel
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much!

How does your group estimate the different teams?
Which teams do you most look forward to from sudden death (and other future expansion)?
I am glad to hear that you play without the 'banned' cards, what tactics is feasible do you think?

A small startegy guide from you guys would be appreciated!

Cheerio,
ST
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Campos
Portugal
Amadora
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We see the teams as balanced. The main question is finding the team who fits best your style of play. But, at least for me, if I have to name one as the best, I would choose Chaos. Strong players with the backup of "Withering Workout"!

From Sudden Death all my friends have big expectations for the Undeads. I'm more interested in Vampires. Liked the description
Jay Little
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Karate Chop!
mbmbmbmbmb
gave up about them in the podcast.

Tactics, in my perspective, depends a lot from your table position and what other teams are playing the game! Yeah, I may try to make one strategy guide, but will be almost about Orcs, since are the team I play and know better!

Good games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.