BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Help choosing next game to play for 3 players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kirk hutzel
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,
I introduced my dad and brother to the new world of boardgaming 2-3 years ago and since then we have played and enjoyed Brass, Imperial, Ticket to Ride, Ticket to Ride Marklin, Pandemic, Blockade runner, Puerto Rico, Caylus, Notre Dame, Dominant Species, Friedrich, Maria, Niagara, Thurn and Taxis,and Through the Ages(which we are now actively playing online and once a week at my house). I am having difficulty trying to decide which game that I own to play next.Im thinking about indonesia but I dont know how well that plays with 3. I guess Im looking for any games that I own that include game mechanics not yet seen in games already played or just something different. Thanks in advance kirk ps I think it may just come down to drawing a game name from a hat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Farrell
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to say Power Grid or Agricola is going to be your best bet. Both are competitive enough and strategic enough. Im leaning more towards Power Grid...probably because I really enjoy it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kirk hutzel
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Ryan,
I thought about both of those but I didnt think Power Grid was suppose to play well with 3?(though I did get the robot expansion which I thought was suppose to rectify that problem). Still, I very much appreciate the advice and will look at those 2 again. kirk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Le Havre plays best with 3, and you own it.

I've never played Indonesia with 3, so if you do, can you let me know how it works out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kirk hutzel
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I will certainly do that Laura. Thanks for the reply. Kirk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My last reply was a little terse -- not only does le Havre play best with 3, but there are a whole lot of us who think that it is Uwe Rosenberg's best game -- provided you have 3 players. If you have a different number, you will get more happiness playing a different game of his, but, in the competition 'any of his games with you decide how many number of players' Le Havre with 3 wins by a long shot.

We're distinct from the group that thinks 'no matter how many number of players, Agricola is it', another large contingent.

But in the sense of 'Maria with 3, Fredrich with 4' -- it's 'Le Havre with 3, Ora et Labora with 4'. As I hope makes sense to you since you have been playing them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kirk hutzel
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I understand. La Havre is definitly at the top of the list to try next. kirk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jes m
United States
tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Le Havre is for sure a great one.

Also, Steam (we like this better than Ticket to Ride).

OR!!! You could get the Star Trek: Fleet Captains – Romulan Empire and play that three player! Sooooooo much better than two player. And you're two thirds of the way there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.