6 Posts

Copycat» Forums » Rules

Subject: double coins card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bart B
Belgium
flag msg tools
The double coin card (private party), does it only double the coins you get from offices? (so the coins from action card are unaffected?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Bazynski
Poland
Warsaw
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
It doubles all of your money so cards are also included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart B
Belgium
flag msg tools
I would also think so.

But the Dutch version of the rules is confusing.
In the appendix the cards are explained and it says:
"This card doubles the original amount of coins. After the player adds up the coins from campaign workers and offices, he doubles the result."

Action cards are not mentioned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friedemann Friese
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
German rules: "Diese Karte verdoppelt die ursprüngliche Anzahl an Münzen: Nachdem der Spieler alle Münzen addiert hat, die er aufgrund von Karten und Wahlhelfern in Büros erhält, verdoppelt er das Ergebnis."

This card doubles the original amount of coins: After the player adds up the coins from cards and campaign workers in offices , he doubles the result."

Sounds like "lost in translation"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James 3
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
using garden party doesn't "activate" the coins a second time though, right? this is what is confusing me the most, when coin cards are added to clipboard and can't be used anymore and how they can be "tripled" while other cards are "doubled". I'm missing something.

ie: i have 3 coins from 3 fatherly friends, and then play a garden party. i have 6 now, that is clear. but does that take the 3 fatherly friends and move them to clipboard, since they have been doubled by the party card? and that would mean if i doubled the garden party…do i gain another 6? or do i gain zero, since the coins were already activated twice this round, once by playing and twice by the party…

basically, i don't get how you can get 3X out of 1 coin, but can only use or double any card twice per round…

played this 3 times now and loved how streamlined it is…but these big doubling combos are the meat of the endgame but it seems clear now that we've been playing it wrong…and I'm still not sure how to play it right after reading this rules forum…

thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Cockburn
United Kingdom
Sleaford
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
flamejuggler wrote:
using garden party doesn't "activate" the coins a second time though, right? this is what is confusing me the most, when coin cards are added to clipboard and can't be used anymore and how they can be "tripled" while other cards are "doubled". I'm missing something.

ie: i have 3 coins from 3 fatherly friends, and then play a garden party. i have 6 now, that is clear. but does that take the 3 fatherly friends and move them to clipboard, since they have been doubled by the party card? and that would mean if i doubled the garden party…do i gain another 6? or do i gain zero, since the coins were already activated twice this round, once by playing and twice by the party…

basically, i don't get how you can get 3X out of 1 coin, but can only use or double any card twice per round…

played this 3 times now and loved how streamlined it is…but these big doubling combos are the meat of the endgame but it seems clear now that we've been playing it wrong…and I'm still not sure how to play it right after reading this rules forum…

thanks for the help!

Would it help to think of calculating your money in two stages? First, there are some cards (and office spaces) which simply give you money. After you have collected all your funds, there are other cards which 'double' the total amount.

In the first stage each card can only be activated twice, so the maximum you can get from your three fatherly friends would be 6 coins - assuming you used all three office spaces which allow you to re-use each card a second time. This doesn't take into account the use of a copy card, but that isn't the same as getting more money from your fatherly friend, rather it is as if you had another fatherly friend appear on the table.

In the second stage the 'double your money' effect can only be applied twice, whether this comes from two separate cards, or from the same card being re-used (by the appropriate office space), or even from one card and a copy. So that original maximum of 6 could theoretically be increased to 18.

The key thing is that there are two independent stages: 1) count your coins 2) apply any doubling effect(s) to the total

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.