Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Summer grasses / All that remains / Of soldiers' dreams. - Basho.
mbmbmbmbmb
Every so often a game or expansion comes along which just seems to be dead centre in one's range of personal interests. The scale, style, setting and/or concept is exactly what you've been looking for; it's like it was tailored for you.

Recently, the game Canadian Crucible: Brigade Fortress at Norrey matched that description for me to a scary degree, but this Battlepack #6 is not far off the mark either.

So, I just wanted to express my thanks to Andrew Laws, Bryan Collars and Chad Jensen for coming together to make another Combat Commander Battlepack, especially one which is seemingly "exactly what the doctor ordered" in terms of my personal tastes.

Looking forward to it.

For some light (if not tremendously historically accurate) fictional reading on the subject, see "S-Day: A Memoir of the Invasion of England" by James Stewart Thayer. It's engaging and fun, and if you can overlook some minor missteps about units and equipment, well worth the read.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Laws
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
"I play to win, as much or more than any egoist who thinks he's going to win by other means. I want to win the match. But I don't give in to tactical reasoning as the only way to win, rather I believe that efficacy is not divorced from beauty."
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty excited too. Especially when you think I started the project as a means to teach myself how to use Adobe illustrator. It was only due to the positive reaction of BGGers that I had the idea to pitch the pack to Chad and Gene at GMT.

So thanks everyone for the enthusiasm when it was just a fan project in the forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
German Mike
United States
Hudson
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
451 pre-orders in one day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
DaMilli wrote:
451 pre-orders in one day.

I know hitting 500 still means there's some development and all that, but I still say CC has demonstrated that it could easily be exempted from the P500 process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul B
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree. Next CC P500 I would like to see is an ipad version so I can play all you guys online with ease.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.