Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
from vegetarianism

DCAnderson wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
DCAnderson wrote:
Back before I was a vegetarian...

WTF? You're a vegetarian? I used to have some respect for you.

Yeah, this happened about a year ago. Backed myself into a philosophical corner and had to give up meat.

Let this be a cautionary tale to all of you, nothing good comes from abstract thought.
When a geek is down, after we've made fun of them, it's time to get them back on track.

This thread is devoted to getting valued RSPer DC Anderson off the wagon and back to a muscular diet.

Anyone want to share their struggles with the demon acarnivora?
And sisters or brothers who've returned to the plate of seared and slabbed flesh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry DC, we've got your back. Now that you've been deprogrammed from their cadaver consuming cult, we won't leave you hanging out there on your own. Be strong! Pinook has a zip-tie and a head sized burlap bag behind his back, don't get too close.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Demons will have sex with people who eat meat.

Is that "will" as in "are willing to", or "will" as in "will, whether you want them to or not"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Demons will have sex with people who eat meat.

Wow, below the belt with the first shot. We might not have demons, but we can go the distance!
http://osocio.org/message/boyfriend_went_vegan_and_knocked_t...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
chaendlmaier wrote:
Fortunately there's broccoli in there.

Hey! Potatoes are vegetables!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
and potatoes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:

Mmmm...bacon!

Those piglets have clearly been fed the blue pills:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tagge
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends, is he full on vegan or vegetarian? I would be willing to hear out this philosophical corner, but I think there is no such corner that leads to vegetarianism unless it also concludes that lions in the zoo should also abstain from meat (hint: they shouldn't). Vegetarian is pretty unhealthy unless you eat lots of dairy and eggs. Full vegan is just plain unhealthy though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
Just give into the realization that nothing that Humans do is natural- or, contrariwise, EVERYTHING we do is natural- depending on the particular way you want to structure the argument.

In essence, Humans are rationalizing animals, not rational animals.

Pass the lamb shanks.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
Looks nice, but not for dinner. Too deserty.

Dead Animal Flesh-
It's what you have for dinner.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
I'll frankly admit that Austrian cuisine is one that I am woefully ignorant about. Especially Austrian vegetarian.

Recommend any decent cookbooks on the subject?

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
Many a vegetarian has changed their ways after meeting Jamon Serrano.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
Next year for BGG.Con, instead of Hard 8, I'm going to push for a trip to Nick and Sam's Steak House.

Texas Monthly describes it as possibly the best steak in Texas.

Hard 8 is ok, but Nick and Sam's is suppossed to be world class.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would I want to convert anyone away from being a vegetarian? More vegetarians just means meat is cheaper for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirror, Mirror
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So it's drunk-posting time already?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
mtagge wrote:
It depends, is he full on vegan or vegetarian? I would be willing to hear out this philosophical corner, but I think there is no such corner that leads to vegetarianism unless it also concludes that lions in the zoo should also abstain from meat (hint: they shouldn't). Vegetarian is pretty unhealthy unless you eat lots of dairy and eggs. Full vegan is just plain unhealthy though.

LOL

I hear this all the time. You just need a well-balanced diet in terms of vitamins and minerals.Meat is actually not the best source nutritionally but to each their own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leland Pike
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
das Andere wrote:
So it's drunk-posting time already?
Is it ever not?

(Wasn't there a RSP policy requiring it? What's that "What are you drinking RIGHT NOW?" thread about, then?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
It's looking to me that we don't have anywhere near enough visible 10 step programmers here.

Clearly the enablers of acarnivora have vested interests in propping up the facade that vegetarianism is just some mild party entertainment, celery and cottage cheese on a platter. But the truth is it destroys all that is good and wholesome about meal-time.

Let's look clearly at the situation;
1. DC is aware he has a problem and he admits that. Check
2. DC now acknowledges that he is unable to overcome his vegetarianism by himself. check
3. DC now acknowledges that he needs outside help, the assistance of a greater power, that by himself he is a victim, living through his vegetarianism.

Surely this is bringing back memories for some of us?
Were none of us never addicted to certain green leafy substances?
Where Were orange fibrous sticks never crunched around meal times?
Have non-animal (plant) nutrients never retarded any of the men here's sexual development? http://osocio.org/message/boyfriend_went_vegan_and_knocked_t...

I now call upon the abstaining vegetarians present to share their story of how their lives were brought back to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mtagge wrote:
Full vegan is just plain unhealthy though.

I guess the 10+ years of being a vegan hasn't caught up to my immune system yet. No sick days in all those years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hinchliffe
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

...I think he's cured.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tagge
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
mtagge wrote:

I guess the 10+ years of being a vegan hasn't caught up to my immune system yet. No sick days in all those years.
No sick days=/=healthy. But whatever, enjoy your chronic diseases and conditions and big gut. Not that the standard diet of low-fat high carb is healthy either, but generally between the standard diet and vegetarian, I will agree that vegetarian generally wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
mtagge wrote:

Oh no, they don't show up while you're alive, but after you're dead, you're going to be very, very unhealthy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tagge
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just for the sake of further discussion how about I define what I consider healthy. I define healthy as being able to save your own life when you get caught in the middle of a natural disaster. A good test case would be skipping lunch and dinner then climbing a fireman's pole 15 feet strait up. I would be shocked if there is a 10+ year vegetarian that could manage that.

Basically if you get stuck in the aftermath of a hurricane and can't do anything without waiting for rescue after being forced to skip a meal or two I don't consider you healthy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mtagge wrote:
Just for the sake of further discussion how about I define what I consider healthy. I define healthy as being able to save your own life when you get caught in the middle of a natural disaster. A good test case would be skipping lunch and dinner then climbing a fireman's pole 15 feet strait up. I would be shocked if there is a 10+ year vegetarian that could manage that.

Basically if you get stuck in the aftermath of a hurricane and can't do anything without waiting for rescue after being forced to skip a meal or two I don't consider you healthy.

Well, i'm in fine shape and I can skip meals with no problem and no difference in my performance. Additionally, my gut got smaller after I kicked dairy so I'm not sure where your data comes from unless it's based on temporary veg*n's who do it because it's counter-culture but it doesn't last until the end of college.

Committed veg*ns are as healthy as any omnivore and there are many harcore veg*n atheletes to prove it. Iron Man winners, NFL players to name a few. I've been a veg*n for quite awhile and I've heard plenty of unfounded criticisms of the lifestyle, but I gotta say the skip meals and can't physically perform is a new one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mtagge' wrote:
But whatever, enjoy your chronic diseases and conditions and big gut.
Don't have any chronics or conditions and my gut is smaller than many guys my age, though admittedly not non-existant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.